The Parkinson’s Foundation funds community grants that further the health, wellness and education of people with Parkinson's disease (PD) across the U.S.
The Foundation recognizes the unprecedented need for community-related programs and events. In the last three years the Foundation has awarded over $5 million in community grants to support programs providing services for people living with and affected by Parkinson's disease. These programs benefit communities in 34 states across the country.
Since 2011, the Foundation has invested more than $10.4 million to support 787 community-based programs that improve life for people living with PD.
What types of programs do we fund?
The Foundation funds programs that are impactful, sustainable, scalable and measurable. Programs may be new and existing grant-supported areas and/or pilot programs. All funded organizations and institutions must demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
The 2023 community grant cycle focuses on programs that:
- Educate and deliver exercise programs specifically designed for people with PD
- Address the intersection of mental health and PD
- Reach and support care partners of individuals with PD
The community grants program is open to communities nationwide. Eligible organizations must operate on the local level (or be an affiliate/chapter of a larger organization that operates locally). Applications will be limited to the following categories of applicants:
- Non-profit and other tax-exempt organizations
- For-profit organizations (may be eligible if the program is offered at no cost)
- Healthcare facilities
Parkinson’s Foundation community grants do not support:
- Salary cost for individuals employed by their organization
- Capital expenses (i.e., computers, furniture, building fixtures)
- Exercise equipment (i.e., bikes, treadmills, weights, boxing equipment, etc.)
- Indirect costs (i.e., administrative, facility fees, facility rent, utilities, insurance, and/or general office expenses)
- Travel for staff/facilitators
- Individual/staff memberships, accreditations, instructor training programs and/or licensing
- Individual support
For more details on what the grant funding can cover please reach out to Programs@Parkinson.org.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
If you have questions about the grant application process, please email Programs@Parkinson.org.
How Community Grants Make an Impact
Community-based grants help fund education and outreach programs that address unmet needs in the PD community. Community grants help people with PD live better lives, today.
invested by the Parkinson's Foundation to support community-based programs for people living with PD.
wellness, exercise and educational programs funded across the nation.
people with PD and care partners reached through grant programs.
Community Grant Recipients
Parkinson’s Foundation community grants further the health, wellness and education of people with Parkinson's across the nation.
If you have any additional questions regarding Community Grants, please email Programs@Parkinson.org.