Are you a researcher or study sponsor working in the field of Parkinson's disease (PD)? Working with Parkinson’s Foundation trained Research Advocates and expert patient engagement team can benefit your research study and provide you with insider knowledge.
We can help connect you with trained Research Advocates who can collaborate on study development offering insights, increasing study participation and bringing the latest research information to your Parkinson's community. We welcome the interests of doctors, research professionals, scientists, clinical trial coordinators and support group leaders.
We can also work with you to develop your patient engagement strategy.
The Parkinson’s Foundation has more than 20 years of work in patient engagement that has impacted the lives of people affected by Parkinson’s through prioritizing research, influencing stakeholders and improving studies.
Our successes include:
- Ensured more money is directed towards research that matters to people with PD.
- Built sustainable corporate frameworks for patient engagement.
- Sped clinical trials funded by the National Institute of Health and the pharmaceutical industry by improving study protocol.
- Placed Research Advocates on key working groups such as the FDA Patient Engagement Collaborative.
The Problem - Research is Too Slow
Almost 80 percent of clinical trials fail to meet their timelines to recruit all of the people needed to participate in the trial. These delays are costly, with new therapies getting to people with Parkinson’s slowly, or not at all.
Learn More & Pair Up with an Advocate
Let’s connect! We can:
- Match you with trained Research Advocates and recommend how they can help in all research studies — from preclinical to phase IV studies; observational and non-pharmacological interventional trials.
- Discuss projects you have in mind.
- Suggest ways to collaborate with Research Advocates to improve your studies and speed the research process.
If you are interested in partnering with a Parkinson’s Foundation Research Advocate at your institution, clinical study or support group, please contact our Helpline at 1-800-4PD-INFO (1-800-473-4636) or PatientEngagement@Parkinson.org.