A big part of making life better for people with Parkinson’s disease (PD) is taking care of the people who care for them.
The Parkinson’s Foundation Care Partner Program is designed with care partners in mind and is recommended for anyone caring for someone living with PD, including spouses, partners, children or friends.
The Care Partner Program: Building a Care Partnership
This Series of Online Courses for Family Care Partners are:
- Completely Free and available for anyone with an internet connection
- Self Paced – each can be completed in 1-2 hours in a single sitting or spread out over days, weeks or months
- Designed by the Care Partner Program Committee, made up of current and former Parkinson’s Care Partners
We recommend starting with the Welcome Course, then pick one of these courses and start learning at your own pace:
- Staying Healthy as a Care Partner
- Ambiguous Loss
- What is Caregiver Burnout?
- Mood for the Person with PD
- The Role of Sleep
- Cognitive Changes on a Continuum
- Recognizing Early Cognitive Change
- Nutrition for Care Partners
The Care Partner Summit
Since 2016, the Parkinson’s Foundation has hosted 4 Care Partner Summit programs. Video recordings of presentation on topics including mental health, self-care, intimacy and more can be found on the Care Partner Summit Archive Page.
For more insights on this topic, listen to our podcast episode “The Care Partner Experience.”