Since Parkinson’s disease (PD) progresses differently for everyone, being the care partner to a loved one with Parkinson’s can feel daunting. Worrying about the many possible futures can leave you feeling out of control.
We highlight the seven needs of care partners to help you feel more in control through this process. Addressing each of these needs will help you provide better care for you and your loved one.
Build Your Plan
As you look through the seven needs, know that the goal is not to address them all at once. As you read these needs, start building a plan to help you identify which ones you should tackle first, and who in your life can help with each.
As you build your plan:
- Identify your concerns according to the seven needs
- Place your needs and concerns in priority order
- Think about and write down “action steps” you can take
- Discuss your ideas with others
- Implement the steps with help from others as needed
If at any point you find yourself feeling overwhelmed, take a break, talk to a friend or contact our Helpline at 1-800-4PD-INFO (1-800-473-4636) to talk to a Helpline specialist.