We constantly strive to make a difference for people living with Parkinson's disease (PD). Together, we further our commitment to improve care for people with Parkinson's. The Parkinson's Foundation focuses on best-practice care training, providing the latest information and increasing access to free educational tools for people living with Parkinson's and their care partners, doctors, nurses and care team members.
The Care Partner Program: Building a Care Partnership
The Parkinson’s Foundation Care Partner Program is a no-cost program designed with care partners in mind and is recommended for anyone caring for someone living with PD, including spouses, partners, children or friends. This set of one-of-a-kind self-paced online courses will offer videos, journal prompts and opportunities to hear from care partners about the topics that are most important to you. Through this program, care partners will:
- Better understand their role in managing their loved one's care
- Create actionable strategies for self-care
- Develop clear networks for support
- Access relevant tools that will empower them in their role as care partner.
We recommend starting with the Welcome Course, then pick one of these courses and start learning at your own pace:
- Staying Healthy as a Care Partner
- Ambiguous Loss
- What is Caregiver Burnout?
- Mood for the Person with PD
- The Role of Sleep
- Cognitive Changes on a Continuum
- Recognizing Early Cognitive Change
- Nutrition for Care Partners
Parkinson's Foundation Cognition Talk Series: Your Interprofessional Care Team Approach to Cognitive Change
Parkinson’s Foundation Cognition Talk Series is a no-cost seven-part online course focusing on cognition concerns and challenges of living with Parkinson’s. Each section (30 mins) of the series is presented by a specialized health professional discussing cognition from their viewpoint.
Audience: PD Community: people with Parkinson's and care partners
Free or Fee: Free
For more information on online courses for Health Professionals, click here.