The Parkinson's Foundation offers several types of grants to encourage young scientists, clinicians and students to devote their talents to the study of Parkinson's disease (PD):
- Launch Award: four-year, two-stage award for outstanding postdoctoral researchers that will enable them to complete needed mentored training and transition promptly to independent research careers in PD.
- Postdoctoral Fellowships: two-year fellowships for young scientists fresh from their PhD training or neurology residencies.
- Melvin Yahr Parkinson’s Disease Clinical Research Award: award created in honor of Dr. Melvin Yahr to support neurologists after residency.
- Summer Student Fellowships: fellowships for 10 weeks of clinical or laboratory work with a $4,000 award.
- Visiting Scholar Awards: $4,000 stipend to support the travel and housing of scholar while
Melvin Yahr Parkinson’s Disease Clinical Research Award
Summer Student Fellowships
Visiting Scholar Awards
Please contact Grants@parkinson.org with any questions regarding our research grants and awards.