Not sure what to get your loved one with Parkinson’s disease (PD) for an upcoming holiday or birthday? When you shop using Amazon Smile (visit smile.amazon.com) a portion of your purchase is donated to the Parkinson’s Foundation.
Not sure where to start your PD-friendly shopping? Let us help you with some gift ideas. The below products are not endorsed by the Parkinson’s Foundation.
1. For the one who wants to exercise smarter
2. For the one in need of caffeine
3. For the one who needs to move… from the couch
Seated exerciser. All types of exercise are beneficial for people with PD.
4. For the one with style
5. For the one who needs shut eye
Sleep accessories can help people with Parkinson’s with one of their most problematic symptoms: sleep issues. A sound therapy system, aromatherapy product or back massager is great way to relax at home, manage stress and improve sleep quality.
6. For the one who likes trying new classes
Boxing gloves can help your loved one get ready for PD-tailored non-contact boxing class that can improve strength, balance and flexibility. Yoga accessories can help your loved one get their neuroprotective benefits during class.
7. For the one who is caught up on TV shows
8. For the foody
9. For the one who loves the outdoors
Sunhat. PD is linked to an increased risk of developing melanoma. A stylish sun or sports hat can be worn to help protect people with PD in the summer and spring months.
10. For the artsy one
11. For the one who needs help getting out of bed
12. For the one who likes exercising the brain
Puzzle books. Whether at home or waiting in a doctor’s office, puzzle books can help promote mental stimulation.