A big part of making life better for people with Parkinson’s is taking care of the people who care for them. Each person with Parkinson’s is unique, and so is each caregiver. Caregivers have an enormous, often underappreciated job. The 2018 Parkinson’s Foundation Caregiver Summit | Cumbre Para Cuidadores was designed with caregivers in mind, and is recommended for anyone caring for someone living with PD, including spouses, partners, children or friends.
Focusing on Collaborative Care, the Summit was held on December 1, 2018, broadcast live in both English and Spanish from Phoenix, Arizona to viewers at home and at 30 Satellite locations in the United States and around the world.
Bilingual sessions included:
- Introduction to Collaborative Care with caregiver Doug Zabor
- Intimacy and PD with Sheila Silver, MA, DHS, ACS
- Collaborative Caregiving: Expanding the Team with Annie Wallis, MSW
- Building Stronger Caregiving Partnerships Through Better Communication with Angela Roberts, Ph.D
- Collaborative Caregiving in Action with a vibrant panel of caregivers from various perspectives.
Additional sessions not broadcast live but now available include:
- Expert Panel featuring Elaine Book, MSW, RSW; Jori Fleisher, MD, MSCE; Angela Roberts, Ph.D.; Jessica Shurer, MSW, LCSW; and Sheila Silver, MA, DHS, ACS
- What Now? Finding the "Us" in Collaborative Caregiving with Patty Hatton, CTRS
To view the archived presentations from the 2018 Caregiver Summit | Cumbre Para Cuidadores, click HERE.
Para obtener más información en español visite: Parkinson.org/Cumbre
Interested in hosting a watch party with your local support group or using the presentations at an event in your community? Contact Annie Wallis at AWallis@Parkinson.org.
To order the 2018 Caregiver Summit | Cumbre Para Cuidadores presentations on DVD, contact our helpline at 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636), Helpline@Parkinson.org
This event was made possible by Presenting Sponsor ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc.