Development Intern – TN/KY Chapter
Reports to: Development Manager
Position Status: Unpaid
Position Timeline: Spring/Summer 2022 – 10-12 hrs. per week
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The intern will provide direct and crucial support to the TN/KY Chapter team’s efforts to increase awareness, funding and participation in our signature walk event Moving Day. This is an ideal position for an intern seeking real-life fundraising, development, and events experience in the non- profit sector. The intern will learn and gain hands-on experience under the guidance of experienced professionals.
- Support recruitment and engagement of event participants and volunteers
- Answer phone calls and emails from Moving Day participants
- Assist with coordination of event logistics and day of event preparation
- Research and identify community and corporate groups and organizations
- Work to secure in-kind donations including water, refreshments, food, entertainment and other critical onsite needs.
- Attend designated and promotional local Parkinson’s Foundation events and assist staff as necessary
- Perform other internship-related duties as assigned
- Current college undergraduate student or graduate student
- Ideal candidate has an interest in the non-profit sector, specifically event planning, marketing and communications
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills and speaking
- Must have the ability to perform various administrative duties
- Access to computer, phone, and internet
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to echavez@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.