Reports to: Development Director/Manager
Position Status: Unpaid
Position Timeline: Spring 2024 – 6-8 hrs. per week, March–June
Location: Virtual Position with required Community Event attendance.
Telecommute From: Chicago, IL or Milwaukee, WI
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Midwest Region Intern will support our team and work directly with team members on management of fundraising initiatives. Up to two interns will support community events and development activities in and around: Chicago, IL and/or Milwaukee, WI. The internships are virtual, however candidates should be familiar with the market location of the position to which they are applying and able (pending your work or school schedule and availability) to attend a community fundraiser in your market.
- Support team with planning and implementing fundraising and awareness events in the Midwest (primarily located in Milwaukee and Chicago)
- Assist with event logistics, including preparation of event planning materials and supporting event volunteer planning committees
- Conduct research and outreach for in-kind donations
- Collaborate with staff on volunteer recruitment and placement
- Conduct market research and outreach for event promotional opportunities, including placement in community calendars, local or regional media, Facebook groups, and other grassroots PR
- Assist with managing local social media pages including collaborating with the team to create appropriate content
- Provide administrative support and perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Current college student or graduate student
- Professional and capable of interacting with high-level volunteers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed problem solver and independent worker
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Organized and detail-oriented; can be counted on to produce high-quality work
- Interested in the non-profit sector, specifically fundraising
- Prior work and/or intern experience a plus
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Internships@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.
Applicants must have required documents to work in the US. Please visit this webpage for more information.