Reports to: Development Director
Position Status: Unpaid
Position Timeline: September-December, 2022 (10-12 hours/ week)
Location: Remote, telecommute from Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI; Indianapolis, IN; Minneapolis, MN
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Parkinson’s Foundation Midwest Chapter serves IL, IN and WI. We invite the Parkison’s community to attend events, both in person and online, while raising funds to support our mission. As a Development Intern, you will join a team of staff and volunteers who drive our fundraising events and activities, by supporting logistics planning, sponsorship research, volunteer coordination, and constituent outreach and communications. This unpaid intern position ideally begins between August 22-September 12, 2022.
This position will specifically assist in planning, promotion and implementation of Moving Day Chicago (movingdaychicago.org), our largest annual fundraising event, and may assist with other event planning and fundraising initiatives, as well as support the chapter’s volunteer recruitment and management.
Event planning, communication, research, and volunteer/ community outreach activities will be assigned based on schedule and department needs. As the Development Intern, you may:
- Work closely with staff to create communications for Midwest Chapter event(s)
- Update & maintain lists of community resources and medical professionals within the Midwest Chapter
- Promote education events, both virtual and in-person, throughout the region
- Assist staff with event logistics
- Assist staff with planning volunteer committee meetings, meeting correspondence, and follow up communications
- Research opportunities for posting/recruitment of volunteers and participants for events, such as through volunteer boards, clubs, churches and schools
- Perform research and outreach for new partnership, in-kind sponsorship and/or marketing opportunities
- Assist with outreach to new potential corporate and business sponsors for chapter events, including Moving Day
- Provide administrative support and perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Self-starter who takes initiative and takes direction well
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an interest in storytelling
- Professional and enjoy working with people
- Strong social media skills; experience managing social media campaigns a plus
- Current college student (junior/senior level) or graduate student
- Ability to work in a virtual environment with the technology necessary to succeed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Interested in the non-profit sector, specifically event planning
- Prior volunteer and/or intern experience a plus
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Internships@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.