Get Started Today!
The PD Gladiators Fitness Network is comprised of PD-specific exercise classes. All network instructors have received PD-specific training. As always, please consult with your physician before beginning any new exercise program.
Before attending a fitness class in-person or online, please tell us more about yourself. Once we receive your information, a Parkinson's Foundation volunteer will reach out to discuss your Parkinson's fitness options and to answer any questions that you might have. Click the link below to get started.
Questions? Contact us today at Georgia@Parkinson.org / 770-450-0792.
Due to the evolving situation with the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, many in-person Parkinson's fitness classes have been put on hold until further notice.
PD Gladiators Fitness Network Classes Meeting In-person
- (Sandy Springs) LDBF Exercise & Wellness in-person classes include boxing, yoga and optimizing exercise. For more information about their programs and the new Wellness Center, please visit www.boxingforparkinson.org.
- (Holly Springs) Parkinson's Fitness Classes led by Kelly Sandt meet Monday through Thursday at 1 p.m. For more information, please click here.
- (Gainesville) LDBF Boxing for Parkinson's in-person classes are also taking place at Full Throttle Fitness (843 Main St SW, Gainesville, GA 30501) every Tuesday and Thursday at 10:30 a.m. For more information, please click here.
- (Alpharetta) Adaptive Line Dance taught by Wendy Haggerty every Thursday at 10:00 a.m. These classes are held at the Alpharetta Adult Activity Center (13450 Cogburn Rd, Alpharetta, GA 30004). Drop-ins are welcome and classes are free. For more information, email Wendy.
- (Newnan) Dance for PD at Southern Arc Dance (40 Greenway Court, Newnan, GA 30265) every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. For more information, please click here.
- (Throughout Metro Atlanta) Several of the Metro Atlanta YMCA branches have started hosting Parkinson's classes again, including Parkinson's Movement and Boxing! Click here for a list of participating branches and membership information.
- (Throughout Metro Atlanta) Personal trainers who are specially trained to work with people who have Parkinson's. Click here for trainer information.
- (Throughout Metro Atlanta) Private and semi-private in-home yoga therapy sessions. For more information, email Wendy.
PD Gladiators Fitness Network - ONLINE Classes
- Parkinson's Foundation PD Health @ Home Fitness Fridays Videos
- LDBF Boxing for Parkinson's: Online boxing classes Monday-Friday. Click here for more information.
- Ageless Grace Online Classes every Wednesday: Join Sandy Bramlett and the Central Dekalb Senior Center every Wednesday at 12 p.m. ET for free/live online Ageless Grace classes. Click here for more information and to join.
- Ageless Grace Online Classes - Contact Lori for details! Instructor Lori Trachtenberg is also trying to get an Ageless Grace class together online. If you are interested in trying out this fun and exciting program, please email Lori.
- Breath and Brain Works (Speech, Voice and Brain Exercise): Online Fridays, Saturdays and evenings upon request. Click here for more information.
- YMCA of Metro Atlanta: Online Facebook fitness videos
National Online Fitness Resources
We have compiled a thorough list of online fitness resources. Please call 770-450-0792 or email us at Georgia@Parkinson.org for help finding online programs that best fit your individual needs. Click here for a list of national organizations with free online fitness videos for people with Parkinson's disease.