Reports to: Development Manager
Position Status: Unpaid
Position Timeline: Spring/Summer 2022 – 12 hrs. per week
Location: Virtual, Minnesota & Dakotas Chapter
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson's disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Minnesota and Dakotas Chapter serves MN, ND, and SD. We help connect people with Parkinson's disease, their family members, and supportive professionals to resources to help them live better with PD, and we encourage them to participate in awareness and fundraising events to support our mission. As a 2022 Moving Day Twin Cities Intern, you will support various aspects of event planning and production, including outreach communications, marketing, and volunteer engagement for Moving Day Twin Cities, a walk for Parkinson's, scheduled for Saturday, May 7, 2022. This unpaid intern position ideally begins in early October 2021 and will continue through May 2022. Attendance at the event on May 7, 2022, is expected. Other event and volunteer-related responsibilities may be assigned if time allows and based on your interests.
Event planning, communication, research, and community outreach activities will be assigned based on schedule and department needs. As a Development Volunteer Intern, you may be expected to:
- Assist Development Team with event participant and team communications and fundraising initiatives
- Create communications for Moving Day Twin Cities, including website, social media, email, and snail-mail content, including writing and distribution
- Assist Development Manager with event logistics
- Support the recruitment of other event volunteers
- Assist the Development Team in planning volunteer committee calls, meetings and assist with meeting correspondence, collateral, or follow up communications
- Support research and outreach for new participant groups
- Field event participant or volunteer questions and inquiries as directed by staff
- Perform research and outreach for new partnership/ sponsorship, in-kind sponsorship, and marketing opportunities
- Provide administrative support for the development team
- Perform other internship-related duties as assigned
- Current college undergraduate student or graduate student
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can solve problems self-sufficiently but takes direction well
- Professional and capable of interacting with high-level volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate in both written and verbal form in a clear and concise manner
- Strong social media skills; ability to plan and conduct social media campaigns and updates, and communicate with constituents on Facebook
- Organized and detail-oriented; can be counted on to produce high-quality work
- Interested in the non-profit sector, specifically development and peer-to-peer fundraising
- Access to a computer, phone, and internet
- Prior work or intern experience is a plus
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to jhendrickson@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.