Reports to: National Manager, Signature Events
Position Status: Unpaid (academic credit)
Position Timeline: Spring, Summer and/or Fall 2022 – 8-10 hours per week
Location: Remote (preference to candidates based out of Kansas City)
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson's disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Parkinson's Foundation is set to host its signature walk event, Moving Day, in 46 cities across the country. Our Signature Events team is looking for a Marketing Intern to support Moving Day's overall marketing plan, including material development, coordination, and implementation. The intern will provide direct and crucial support to the national walk team's efforts to increase awareness, funding, and participation in Moving Day.
This is an ideal position for a candidate seeking real-life marketing and events experience in the nonprofit sector. This internship provides the opportunity to network with national staff and build a portfolio or resume in a flexible work environment while supporting a worthwhile mission and cause. This internship is an excellent opportunity for those looking to fulfill a class credit or gain invaluable, hands-on experience working for a team of experienced fundraising professionals. Those who successfully complete their internship will receive a letter of recommendation.
- Help bring our Moving Day marketing plans to life by working closely with the National Signature Events Team on several exciting marketing initiatives
- Update, customize, and create a variety of marketing materials, including promotional event pieces, marketing decks, how-to videos, etc. while upholding brand standards
- Help identify new marketing tactics for Moving Day, make suggestions to improve messaging, content, branding, etc.
- Assist with and monitor marketing and promotional activities on social media, email, website, app, etc.
- Participate in meetings such as but not limited to marketing calls, progress check-ins, brainstorming sessions, event planning and strategy, and cross-departmental meetings.
- Perform other internship-related duties as assigned
- Current college undergraduate or graduate student majoring in marketing, communications, graphic design, public relations, nonprofit, business (or other related major)
- Creative, some graphic design, experience helpful
- Video editing experience is a plus but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Must have the ability to perform various administrative duties
- The ideal candidate has an interest in the nonprofit sector, specifically marketing, communications, and event planning
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Reliable with excellent follow-through
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Prior experience using Canva preferred
- Comfortable learning how to utilize new technologies
- Access to a computer, phone, and internet (a computer may be provided based on length of internship)
- Previous work or intern experience is a plus
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to erhodus@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.