Reports to: Jennifer Hendrickson, Development Director
Position Status: Unpaid
Position Timeline: Spring/Summer 2022 – 12 hrs. per week
Location: Virtual, Minnesota & Dakotas Chapter
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Minnesota and Dakotas Chapter serves MN, ND and SD. We invite the Parkinson’s community to attend events with their friends, family, and colleagues, both in person and online, while raising funds to support our mission. The Development Volunteer Intern – Minnesota and Dakotas Chapter will help support our team and work remotely with staff and volunteer leadership to increase attendance at programs, participation in fundraising events, and sponsorships of fundraising events by supporting logistics planning, research, constituent outreach, and communications.
Event planning, communication, research, and community outreach activities will be assigned based on schedule and department needs. As a Development Volunteer Intern, you may be expected to:
- Create communications for the Chapter’s event(s) including website, social media, email and snail mail content, including writing and distribution
- Support team with developing, planning and implementing (virtual and in-person) Chapter events in Minnesota and the Dakotas
- Research opportunities for posting/ recruitment of volunteers and participants for specific events, such as through volunteer boards, clubs, churches and schools
- Assist the Development Team in planning volunteer committee calls/ meetings, and with meeting correspondence, collateral, or follow up communications
- Field event participant or volunteer questions and inquiries as directed by staff
- Perform research and outreach for new partnership, in-kind sponsorship and/or marketing opportunities
- Prepare communications materials for corporate/ organization outreach
- Research and assist with outreach to new potential corporate and business sponsors for Chapter programs and events
- Provide administrative support for the development team
- Perform other internship-related duties as assigned
- Current college undergraduate student or graduate student
- Self-starter who takes initiative, can solve problems self-sufficiently, but takes direction well
- Professional and capable of interacting with high-level volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate in both written and verbal form in a clear, and concise manner
- Strong social media skills; ability to plan and conduct social media campaigns and updates, and communicate with constituents on Facebook
- Organized and detail-oriented; can be counted on to produce high-quality work
- Interested in the non-profit sector, specifically development and peer-to-peer fundraising
- Access to computer, phone, and internet
- Prior work or intern experience a plus
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Jennifer Hendrickson at jhendrickson@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.