Reports to: National Director, Individual Giving
Position Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Foundation is seeking an entrepreneurial and self-motivated professional for the full-time position of Individual Giving Manager. The Individual Giving Manager supports the fundraising efforts of the Parkinson’s Foundation by qualifying, cultivating soliciting, and stewarding their own portfolio of donors, implementing targeted strategies to upgrade donors to their maximum level of giving and working to expand the overall donor pipeline. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter who is capable of building sustainable, long-term philanthropic relationships with individuals while meeting annual fundraising goals.
It is essential that the Manager demonstrates and upholds the Foundation values of collaboration, dedication, excellence, integrity, positivity, responsiveness, and teamwork.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 300 donors to deepen their engagement and relationship with the Parkinson’s Foundation and increase their giving.
- Execute plans to cultivate, solicit and steward donors with the potential to upgrade their annual giving.
- Achieve annual fundraising goals through soliciting gifts from midlevel donors.
- Meet annual goals for donor cultivation, donor handoffs, solicitations, and gift upgrades.
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues to analyze portfolios and identify donors with upgrade potential.
- Work closely with the National Director of Individual Giving and regional field fundraising staff to build donor relationships, develop ties to the community and support Foundation initiatives that lead to increased funding.
- With the support of the Prospect Research Coordinator, build new donor audiences by identifying, researching, qualifying, and cultivating induvial prospects from existing donor database and outside sources.
- Help the larger Advancement team build their portfolios by serving as a qualification officer and identifying strong leads to place into portfolios for further cultivation.
- Communicate the importance of supporting the Parkinson’s Foundation persuasively through personal interactions, written proposals, update letters and progress reports.
Strategy and Administration—20%
- Promote the various ways donors can support the Parkinson’s Foundation through individual giving, non-cash assets and legacy giving.
- Ensure information related to fundraising strategies and activities, as well as other appropriate information related to donors are entered into database.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Three+ years of successful fundraising experience, preferably in individual giving at a national nonprofit
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills; must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable communicating with mature donors.
- Must be able to represent the Parkinson’s Foundation independently to potential donors and make compelling requests for support.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software or an equivalent constituent relationship management software platform.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team and with great energy and persistence.
- Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and produce high quality results quickly and on time.
- Critical thinking, problem solving accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent multitasking ability.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Teams, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Employment@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.