The impact of COVID-19 on Parkinson’s research and the broader scientific community is of utmost concern to the Parkinson’s Foundation. To support the health and safety of researchers, the Parkinson’s Foundation will work to ease administrative requirements and contractual obligations that are affected by the public health emergency for COVID-19. Please find a list of frequently asked questions below and please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
The Parkinson’s Foundation will provide updated guidance as the situation develops to ensure continuity of research crucial to developing new treatments and advancing towards a cure for Parkinson’s.
Frequently Asked Questions
Grant and Fellowship Applicants
- I’ve been invited to submit a full proposal to a 2020 grant or fellowship program. Will the Parkinson’s Foundation accept late submissions from applicants affected by COVID-19?
Yes. When delays occur because the applicant is unable to submit or their organization is officially closed because of COVID-19, the Parkinson’s Foundation will consider accepting applications late on a case-by-case basis.
- Will the Parkinson’s Foundation accept revisions to already submitted applications that need to be changed due to effects of COVID-19?
Yes. Provided that the revision is submitted 2 weeks in advance of the official review meeting, the Parkinson’s Foundation will consider accepting revisions on a case-by-case basis.
- Will the Parkinson’s Foundation extend deadlines for 2020 funding opportunities to account for delays due to COVID-19?
No. Most 2020 Research Grant and Fellowship opportunities closed before the public health emergency became official. The Parkinson’s Foundation will accept submissions for 2021 Research Grant and Fellowship opportunities in Fall 2020.
Grant and Fellowship Recipients
- Will the Parkinson’s Foundation allow project extensions due to delays related to COVID-19?
Yes. Parkinson’s Foundation grantees and fellows may request a 6 month no cost extension due to COVID-19 project delays. If you wish to request an extension, please follow the instructions here for submitting a request through ProposalCentral.
- Will the Parkinson’s Foundation accept late post-award report submissions due to delays imposed by COVID-19?
Yes. As part of the no cost extension process, research project progress reports and financial reports will be appropriately rescheduled.
- Conferences and meetings have been cancelled due to COVID-19. I received a travel award to present my research. Is the award still valid?
Yes. Provided you are still presenting your project at a postponed or related meeting, the Parkinson’s Foundation will consider supporting travel costs and registration fees on a case-by-case basis. Please contact email@example.com to update the status of your award.