The impact of COVID-19 on Parkinson’s research and the broader scientific community is of utmost concern to the Parkinson’s Foundation. To support the health and safety of researchers, the Parkinson’s Foundation will work to ease administrative requirements and contractual obligations that are affected by the public health emergency for COVID-19. Please find a list of frequently asked questions below and please contact email@example.com for additional information.
The Parkinson’s Foundation will provide updated guidance as the situation develops to ensure continuity of research crucial to developing new treatments and advancing towards a cure for Parkinson’s.
Frequently Asked Questions
Grant and Fellowship Applicants
- Will the Parkinson’s Foundation accept revisions to already submitted applications that need to be changed due to effects of COVID-19?
Yes. Provided that the revision is submitted 2 weeks in advance of the official review meeting, the Parkinson’s Foundation will consider accepting revisions on a case-by-case basis.
- Will the Parkinson’s Foundation extend deadlines for funding opportunities to account for delays due to COVID-19?
No. However, 2021 Research Grant and Fellowship deadlines are established with the understanding that multiple waves of coronavirus infections could extend through the end of 2020 and into 2021. An extension request may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Grant and Fellowship Recipients
- Will the Parkinson’s Foundation allow project extensions due to delays related to COVID-19?
Yes. Parkinson’s Foundation has issued 6-month no-cost extensions to all currently active research grants and fellowships. Summer Student Fellows are granted one-year no-cost extensions. Updated project end dates will be reflected in ProposaCENTRAL within 2 weeks of approval. To access the proposalCENTRAL system go to https://proposalcentral.com. If you need assistance, contact Customer Support at 800 875 2562 (Toll-free U.S. and Canada), +1 703 964 5840 (Direct Dial International) or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will the Parkinson’s Foundation accept late post-award report submissions due to delays imposed by COVID-19?
Yes. As part of the no-cost extension process, research project progress reports and financial reports will be appropriately rescheduled.
- Conferences and meetings have been cancelled due to COVID-19. I received a travel award to present my research. Is the award still valid?
Yes. Provided you are still presenting your project at a postponed or related meeting, the Parkinson’s Foundation will consider supporting travel costs and registration fees on a case-by-case basis. Please contact email@example.com to update the status of your award.