We rely on the energy, skill and passion of people like you to make life better for people with Parkinson’s and advance research toward a cure. Explore the different opportunities to get involved and complete our volunteer interest form to make a difference.
- Moving Day Walk
Get communities moving as a Moving Day planning committee member or event day volunteer. No Moving Day in your city? No problem! Organize your own Community Walk with the help of remote Parkinson’s Foundation staff.
- Parkinson's Champions
Create your own unique fundraiser and collect donations using our online platform or participate in an endurance event like a marathon.
- Parkinson's Revolution
Join our annual indoor cycling event as a rider or event day volunteer to raise funds and awareness for the Parkinson’s Foundation!
- Aware in Care Ambassadors | Apply now!
Aware in Care Ambassadors Application deadline June 30, 2021
Teach your peers and healthcare professionals about the Parkinson’s Foundation’s lifesaving Aware in Care hospitalization kit.
- Education Program Volunteer
Support educational events and seminars in your community as an event volunteer, panelist or presenter.
Advocate & Advise
- Community Grants
Review applications for community-based grants that address unmet needs in the Parkinson’s community, and visit grant recipients to evaluate programs.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Research Advocates | Applications closed.
Collaborate with scientists, industry leaders and government to improve research and teach others about clinical trials.
- People with Parkinson’s Council | Applications closed.
Advise the Foundation throughout the development of programs and initiatives serving the Parkinson’s community. Highly selective opportunity.
- Send a Gift for Healthcare Workers: People with Parkinson’s who receive expert care are at a lower risk of complications and have better quality and longer lives. We want to show our appreciation for those who make life better for people with Parkinson’s every day, and who are going above and beyond during COVID-19. Join us in showing community healthcare workers how much you care by providing a gift or care basket to local neurologists, movement disorder specialists, nurses, physical therapists, mental health professionals, and others who are serving people with Parkinson’s during the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to Participate
- Send a Well-wish: Expert care improves the quality of life for people with Parkinson’s disease. Send your well-wishes to healthcare workers making sure the Parkinson’s community receives the best care possible during the COVID-19 pandemic. Complete the form below to send kind notes of happiness, health, and hope to healthcare workers. You may also print our stationary, write your note, and share a well-wish directly with a healthcare worker you personally know.
Send a Well-wish Download Stationery
- Submit a My PD Story: Please share with us how your life has been affected by Parkinson’s disease (as someone with the disease, caregiver or family member), and inspire others.
- Join PD Conversations: PD Conversations is our online community of support and a place to ask your Parkinson’s questions, connect with others living with the disease, and be part of a network of support. When you join an online discussion group, you’ll connect with other people who share your same interests, challenges and hopes.
Contact your local chapter to learn more about additional volunteer needs in your community. Maximize your volunteer impact by seeing if your employer offers volunteer grants, or if you have a social media following contact email@example.com to learn how you can help raise awareness through your followers.
Want to Volunteer?
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Parkinson’s Foundation volunteer. Please complete the volunteer interest form and we’ll contact you regarding volunteer opportunities in your area.
Already a Volunteer?
Be sure to report your volunteer service hours and help the Foundation track our community impact.
Have questions about volunteering? Contact us at 404-397-1014 or firstname.lastname@example.org.