About Community Grants
Parkinson’s Foundation community grants further the health, wellness and education of people with Parkinson's disease (PD) across the nation.
With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we recognize that the need for community-related programs and events is unprecedented. We remain dedicated to supporting education and outreach programs, along with local research initiatives, that address unmet needs in the Parkinson’s community. The Parkinson’s Foundation will award $1 million in community grants in the 2021 grant cycle, ranging from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $25,000 per grant recipient.
Since 2011, the Parkinson's Foundation has funded 436 community-based programs that make life better for people living with PD.
What Types of Programs Do We Fund?
The Foundation funds programs that make an impact in local PD communities. We fund programs that are impactful, sustainable, scalable and measurable. In addition, the programs we fund serve new and existing grant-supported areas and/or pilot programs through:
- Wellness and Exercise Programs (i.e., yoga, dance, non-contact boxing, Tai Chi, cycling)
- Voice/Music/Art Therapy Programs
- Educational Programs/Events
The three focus areas for the 2021 application cycle include:
- Services for diverse and underserved populations
- Initiatives that reach the newly diagnosed
- Programs that address mental health and Parkinson’s
The community grants program is open to communities nationwide. Eligible organizations must operate on the local level (or be an affiliate/chapter of a larger organization that operates locally). Applications will be limited to the following categories of applicants:
- Non-profit and other tax-exempt organizations.
- Other organizations
- Healthcare facilities
Parkinson’s Foundation community grants are meant to reach and help people with Parkinson’s through community-based programs. Foundation grants will not support the following:
- Salary cost for individuals employed by their organization
- Capital expenses (i.e., computers, furniture, building fixtures)
- Exercise equipment (i.e., bikes, treadmills, weights, boxing equipment, etc.)
- Indirect costs (i.e., administrative, facility fees, facility rent, utilities, insurance, and/or general office expenses)
- Travel for staff/facilitators
- Individual/staff memberships, accreditations, instructor training programs and/or licensing
- Individual support is not permitted
How to Apply?
All applicants can apply electronically via an online grants application system at Proposal Central. Applicants will need to create an account to submit a grant application.
Applications Due: Friday, February 5, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Award Notifications: Mid–Late June 2021
Grant Period: July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022
For more information about the community grants program, applicants can review and download the Request for Application (RFA) and application guidelines or watch the technical assistance webinar below, which provides an overview of the application process.
If you have any questions about Community Grants or the application process, please email Programs@Parkinson.org.