At the Parkinson’s Foundation, the health and safety of the community comes first. Because of the evolving situation with COVID-19, we have decided to shift our Parkinson’s Foundation Team Training (Formerly ATTP) to a virtual platform for the near future, making our signature training program now accessible to the global health professional community.
Team Training is an entirely online course designed by the Parkinson's Foundation to increase knowledge about Parkinson’s disease (PD) and build capacity for comprehensive, interprofessional care in the treatment of PD. This dynamic, interactive course features a combination of online courses, interactive virtual sessions and offers an intensive curriculum. The virtual program will include:
- CME/CEU credit for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, PTs, OTs, SLPs, and social workers from the comfort of home
- Individual and team planning tools for immediate implementation (team discounts will still apply)
- Opportunity to network with regional, national, and international health professionals
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify challenges with medication and medication side effect management in Parkinson’s disease
- List 6 non-pharmacologic management strategies for non-motor symptoms in Parkinson’s disease
- Discuss options to support a person with Parkinson’s disease and their families in self-management
- Describe the unique and complementary role of each discipline on your care team
- Apply strategies for building inter professional networks and community partnerships
Overall learning objectives apply to all professions in the target audience.
The course will include three online learning segments:
1. Pre-requisite classes, online and open to completion available 6 weeks prior to the course (pre-req sessions include an overview of Parkinson’s disease and medications, interdisciplinary care teams, and neuropsychiatric symptoms and management). Approximately 6 ½ hours viewing time.
2. Core classes, online to be completed at a self-paced plan in the three weeks prior to the virtual live sessions. Approximately 21 hours viewing time.
3. Core virtual interactive sessions to be completed over four afternoons. 16 hours live virtual participation. Virtual sessions will include:
- Case presentations
- Discipline specific break-out sessions (PT, OT, SLP, MD/NP/PA, SW, RN)
- Three live panels with people with Parkinson’s or Care Partners
- Team breakout sessions
Since being launched in 2002, Team Training has trained more than 2,300 healthcare professionals in the best practices backed by the latest research in Parkinson's disease care through a dynamic team-based approach.
Who Can Benefit
The program currently targets the following professions for training:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Physical Therapists
- Social Workers
Registration fee: $550.00 USD (per person)
Teams of 3 to 4: $475.00 USD (per person and must represent at least 2 different disciplines)
Team of 5: $450.00 USD (per person)
Teams of 6+: $425.00 USD (per person)
VA facilities: Please call 305-537-9938, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for special VA facility pricing
MD Fellows: Complimentary (limited to 2 MD fellows per training)
Students: Complimentary limited*
Registration fees include electronic access to course materials.
*NOTE: Complimentary student access is limited to 2 students per each listed discipline track and must be a full-time student which is unlicensed in the discipline track for which you're applying.
|Number of Registrants||One||Two||Three||Four||Five||Six||Seven|
|Cost Per Person||$550||$550||$475||$475||$450||$425||$425|
|Total With Discount||$550||$1,100||$1,425||$1,900||$2,250||$2,500||$2,975|
|Total Per Person Without Discount ($550 Each)||$550||$1,100||$1,650||$2,200||$2,750||$3,300||$3,850|
|Total Savings With Discount||$0||$0||$225||$300||$500||$750||$875|
Team Training has been developed to increase knowledge of Parkinson’s disease (PD) and build capacity for comprehensive interprofessional care in the treatment of the disease. Our Team Training faculty consists of an interdisciplinary team specialized in treating PD as leaders in their perspective disciplines. Check out what they have to say about Team Training.
For more insights on this topic, listen to our podcast episode “A Multidisciplinary Approach to PD”.