The following resources are designed for speech and language pathologists in all care settings who want to provide the best care for people living with Parkinson’s disease. Below you’ll find a list of educational materials, including webinars, podcast episodes and fact sheets which we encourage you to share with your patients and colleagues.
You will additionally find resources to advance your professional education, including our online course and in-person training.
Resources for your patients:
Expert Briefing Webinars
- Swallowing and Dental Changes
Presenter: Michelle Ciucci, PhD, CCC-SLP, University of Wisconsin Jane Busch, DDS, University of Wisconsin
- Swallowing Issues and Oral Care with Parkinson’s
Guest Speaker: Dr. Cameron Jeter, PhD, Associate Professor at The University of Texas Health Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Dentistry
- Alleviating Voice Challenges with PD
Guest Speaker: Darla Freeman, MA,CCC-SLP, Florida Center for Voice and Swallowing
- Tests and Techniques for Swallowing Problems
Video by: Michael S. Okun, MD, National Medical Advisor of the Parkinson’s Foundation
- Mealtime and Swallowing
Tips from our Caring and Coping publication
- Living with Parkinson’s: Dental Health
- Building Stronger Caregiving Partnerships through Better Communication, Angela Roberts, PhD from the 2018 Caregiver Summit | Cumbre Para Cuidadores