At the Parkinson’s Foundation, the health and safety of the community comes first. Because of the evolving situation with COVID-19, we have decided to shift our Allied Team Training program (ATTP) to a virtual platform for the near future, making our signature training program now accessible to the global health professional community.
ATTP is an entirely online course designed by the Parkinson's Foundation to increase knowledge about Parkinson’s disease (PD) and build capacity for comprehensive, interprofessional care in the treatment of PD. This dynamic, interactive course features a combination of online courses, interactive virtual sessions and offers an intensive curriculum. The virtual program will include:
- CME/CEU credit for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, PTs, OTs, SLPs, and social workers from the comfort of home
- Individual and team planning tools for immediate implementation (team discounts will still apply)
- Opportunity to network with regional, national, and international health professionals
The course will include three online learning segments:
1. Pre-requisite classes, online and open to completion available 6 weeks prior to the course (pre-req sessions include an overview of Parkinson’s disease and medications, interdisciplinary care teams, and neuropsychiatric symptoms and management).
2. Core classes, online to be completed at a self-paced plan in the three weeks prior to the virtual live sessions
3. Core virtual interactive sessions to be completed over four afternoons. Virtual sessions will include:
- Case presentations
- Discipline specific break-out sessions (PT, OT, SLP, MD/NP/PA, SW, RN)
- Three live panels with people with Parkinson’s or Care Partners
- Team breakout sessions
Since being launched in 2002, ATTP has trained more than 2,300 healthcare professionals in the best practices backed by the latest research in Parkinson's disease care through a dynamic team-based approach.
Who Can Benefit
The program currently targets the following professions for training:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Physical Therapists
- Social Workers
Registration rates include all sessions, course materials, breakfast snack, lunch and breaks.
Registration Fee: $500 USD (per person)
Teams of 3 or more: $450.00 USD (per person)
MD Fellows: Complimentary
Students: Complimentary *
*NOTE: Complimentary student access is limited to 2 students per each listed discipline track and must be a full time student which is unlicensed in the discipline track for which you're applying.
ATTP has been developed to increase knowledge of Parkinson’s disease (PD) and build capacity for comprehensive interprofessional care in the treatment of the disease. Our ATTP faculty consists of an interdisciplinary team specialized in treating PD as leaders in their perspective disciplines. Check out what they have to say about ATTP.
For more insights on this topic, listen to our podcast episode “A Multidisciplinary Approach to PD”.