ONLINE: 2020 Care Partner Summit
2020 Care Partner Summit | Cumbre Para Cuidadores
Planning for the Unpredictable Path of Parkinson's Caregiving
A big part of making life better for people with Parkinson’s is taking care of the people who care for them. Each person with Parkinson’s is unique, and so is each care partner. Care partners have an enormous, often underappreciated job. The 2020 Parkinson’s Foundation Care Partner Summit | Cumbre Para Cuidadores was designed with care partners in mind, and is recommended for anyone caring for someone living with PD, including spouses, partners, children or friends.
Expert speakers will present live in Miami on topics chosen by our planning committee of current and former care partners and caregivers. This year, the theme is “Planning for the Unpredictable Path of Parkinson’s Caregiving.”
Streaming sessions will include:
- A Plan to Prioritize Mental Health: Yours and Theirs with Travis Turner Ph.D., an expert neuropsychologist at the Medical University of South Carolina
- Your Plan for the Difficult Conversations with Lissa Kapust, LICSW, an expert social worker specialized in Parkinson’s disease at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Finding the Right Resources, featuring an expert panel of clinicians
- Being Prepared for a Hospitalization – Planned or Emergency with PPAC member and care partner Tom Manak
- Creating Your Caregiver Wellness Plan with Patrick Oleskey, MSW, MBA, social worker and former care partner
When you are ready to register, click the "click here" button below and complete the registration questions. If you have any questions, please contact our helpline at 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636).
Interested in hosting a local viewing party in your hometown? Learn more here.