The 2021 Care Partner Summit | Cumbre Para Cuidadores will be taking over PD Health @ Home’s Mindfulness Mondays and Wellness Wednesdays for the month of May.
Mindfulness Mondays will offer 4 sessions with Positive Psychologist Maria Sirois, where we will talk about cultivating resilience as a care partner.
Wellness Wednesdays will include 4 sessions on various Parkinson’s care partner subjects:
- May 5: Your Role in Medications with Ihtsham Haq, MD
- May 12: Slowed Thinking, Speech and Movement – Finding Patience in the Moment with Malia Sako OTD, OTR/L and Michelle R. Haub, MS, CCC-SLP
- May 19: Care Partner Town Hall – Preparing for the Journey featuring Parkinson’s Care Partners from around the United States
- May 26: Sleep, Cognition and Mood with Aleksandar Videnovic, MD, Joseph F. Quinn, M.D., and Martha Anne Tudor, MEd, NCC, LAPC
With all of this added care partner content, there are a variety of ways to participate:
1. Revisit the 2018 and 2020 Care Partner Summits.
Did you miss the past two Summits, or just want a refresher? Click through the playlists to catch up on the invaluable topics covered at each event.
- 2018 Care Partner Summit
- 2018 Cumbre Para Cuidadores
- 2020 Care Partner Summit
- 2020 Cumbre Para Cuidadores
2. Watch the 2021 Summit live or on your own time.
Register at Parkinson.org/Summit for English content or Parkinson.org/Cumbre for Spanish content. Upon registering for the English course, you will receive the Zoom link for the Monday and Wednesday sessions. If you register for the Spanish course, you will receive information on how to access the recorded Spanish sessions — which will be released two weeks after each English session.
Tune in live - Join us on Mondays and Wednesdays at 1:00pm ET for the live Care Partner Summit sessions. The Monday sessions will be a half hour and the Wednesday sessions will be one hour.
Watch the recording - Recordings of each session will be available after each session is completed. These recordings can be viewed at home or with others. Consider using the recordings as an activity for a care partner support group.
3. Share the Summit on social media.
4. Use the new Care to Talk Cards.
The Parkinson’s’ Foundation and AARP created this deck of cards to offer care partners 12 ways to initiate conversations about care partnering and care giving. These cards can be used with other care partners, with your loved one with PD or other family members and friends. Order your own deck of English or Spanish cards at Parkinson.org/Store.
5. Join us for the Building a Care Partnership program.
Following the PD Health @ Home takeover in May, an online, self-paced program will be released for care partners. The program will feature journal prompts, discussion boards and videos of other care partners using the Care to Talk cards to have important conversations.
For questions about the Care Partner Summit, please reach out to Courtney Malburg at email@example.com
For questions about Parkinson’s disease, please call our Helpline at 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636). To speak to a Spanish Helpline representative, press option 3.
The Parkinson's Foundation is here for you at every stage of your journey. Call our Helpline at 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) or Helpline@Parkinson.org for expert resources near you or answers to your questions.