Every April, during Parkinson's Awareness Month, we get excited by the opportunity to amplify Parkinson’s awareness, to remind and educate people that there are 1 million Americans fighting to live better lives with Parkinson’s disease (PD). However, not all of them get the care they need, which is why we’re here to empower the PD community, bring expert care to more people and strengthen our research efforts as we look for a cure.
Together, we made lives better in 2018. Your support allowed us to help even more people with Parkinson’s. Because of YOU, we were able to:
- Expand our global Centers of Excellence network to 45 Parkinson’s expert care centers.
- Help more people through our extended Helpline hours — open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET at 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) in English and Spanish.
- Increase research funding to $6.2 million, funding 53 research grants that support the work of promising scientists in the PD field.
- Host a summit for caregivers. Caregiver Summit | Cumbre Para Cuidadores sessions are now available at Parkinson.org/Summit to help even more caregivers in our community.
- Read all our 2018 Accomplishments now
This year, we’re excited to launch #KeyToPD, highlighting keys to living well with Parkinson’s. We want to hear your tips to living well with PD so we can share them with our community (find out how on page 10).