Reports to: National Manager, Signature Events
Position Status: Part-time hourly, 25 hours per week
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson's disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
Moving Day is the Parkinson’s Foundation largest signature walk event with walks in 48 cities across the country as well as Moving Day at Home, a virtual walk event that engages communities nationwide. Our Community Walk program is a subsidiary of our Moving Day Walk program. It’s designed to be volunteer led and provide opportunities for new communities to engage with the Foundation in our walk program.
Our National Walk Team is looking for a Signature Events Coordinator to directly oversee our Community Walk Program and Moving Day at Home virtual event as well as provide support for Moving Day walks across the country. The coordinator will help the national walk team's efforts to increase funding, participation, and awareness in all our walk programs.
This remote position offers excellent work life balance in a flexible work environment while supporting a worthwhile mission and cause. The ideal candidate is passionate about fundraising events and has strong customer service and communication skills.
Fundraising – 40%
- Empower, coach, and support volunteers and participants in their fundraising efforts.
- Work with multiple markets simultaneously and quickly adapt to the nuances of each market to maximize revenue generation.
- Proactively pursue new opportunities to start community walks and recruit new virtual walk teams.
- Achieve all fundraising benchmarks for the Community Walk Program and Moving Day at Home.
- Support field staff’s fundraising efforts in local markets.
Event Planning and Logistics – 20%
- Assist with coordination of event logistics and day-of-event preparation.
- Guide Community Walk Volunteer Leads through the event planning process.
- Edit program script, update content and secure speakers for virtual program.
- Improve virtual walker experience across national and local walk events.
Customer Service – 15%
- Provide excellent customer service and timely communications to event participants and volunteers.
- Assist with website support and provide guidance on fundraising tools.
- Create support materials and guides to assist volunteers and participants.
- Build strong working relationships with key volunteers, donors, and participants.
Marketing and Communications – 15%
- Update, customize, and create marketing materials.
- Lead outreach, communications, and promotional efforts to drive participation in walk events.
- Ensure up-to-date event information is added to websites.
Administrative Support – 10%
- Support Moving Day events and local staff leads with tech and communications assistance as needed
- Participate in cross-departmental meetings, calls, brainstorming sessions, and trainings.
- Provide administrative support to the National Signature Events team.
- Collaborate with field staff and other departments to accomplish organizational goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Science Degree OR undergraduate or graduate student currently pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, event planning, nonprofit, or business (or another related major)
- 1-3 years previous work experience or internship in event planning, fundraising, or other nonprofit work (experience with peer to peer events preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Must have the ability to perform various administrative duties
- Comfortable learning how to utilize new technologies
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Reliable with excellent follow-through
- Prior experience using Canva preferred
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Bilingual (fluent or intermediate in Spanish) preferred but not required
- Access to a computer, phone, and internet
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Employment@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.
This position does include employment benefits including PTO, sick days, and a 401k after 90 days of employment.