Reports to: Midwest & Great Plains Regional Director
Position Status: Full Time
Location: Minneapolis/Saint Paul
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson's disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Senior Development Manager is responsible for implementing the mission through fundraising events and corporate, donor, and volunteer development. The person in this role will cultivate partnerships and alliances that promote growth and awareness within the community. This person will serve in a leadership role for the Chapter and support the leadership of Chapter team members.
The position encompasses three main areas of focus and responsibility - Recruitment & Fundraising, Planning & Logistics and Community & Volunteer Engagement:
Recruitment & Fundraising – 70%
- Achieve fundraising and recruitment goals for a portfolio of community and donor based fundraising efforts.
- Provide leadership in the building and growth of the local Chapter Advisory Board.
- Identify, solicit, cultivate, and steward donors to secure individual and campaign gifts up to $10,000 and collaborate with a Major Gifts Officer on gifts over $10,000.
- Support the chapter team in the identification, recruitment, cultivation, and recognition of fundraising participants and teams to ensure event fundraising and recruitment goals are met.
- Collaborate with the Foundations Giving Director and regional leadership team to identify and secure local Foundation donations.
- Retain, upgrade and secure new sponsorship commitments.
- Work with the Regional Director and team to create, oversee, and implement a strategic plan to meet Chapter fundraising goals.
- Develop and monitor annual assigned fundraising event budgets.
Planning & Logistics – 15%
- Produce fundraising events, including executing logistics, securing event venues and vendors including all necessary permits, contracts, and payments.
- Recruit and maintain logistics committees for signature peer to peer events.
- Assist event participants in navigating the fundraising event websites, app and social media tools.
Community & Volunteer Engagement – 10%
- Recruit, train, and manage local volunteer and committee members to assist in implementing assigned fundraising events.
- Build new and maintain existing relationships with Parkinson’s Foundation community partners and professionals.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact the local community while advancing the mission, goals, and values.
- Serve as a representative for the Parkinson’s Foundation, presenting to various groups promoting the Foundation, the Chapter, and its events and acting as spokesperson when necessary.
Other – 5%
- Maintain accurate records and files for constituents, donors, fundraising events, programs, and activities. Utilize provided CRMs and metric tracking programs for database management.
- Keep abreast of national office activities and adequately utilize available resources.
- Prepare routine reports to share with leadership through the analysis of event metrics.
- Be knowledgeable about Parkinson’s disease and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising, preferably within a non-profit organization.
- Proven experience with peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations.
- Ability to close face-to-face sales and sponsorships.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and motivation to participants as well as business and social leaders.
- Strong volunteer recruitment and management skills.
- Proven and significant skills in planning, budgeting, and volunteer development.
- Outgoing, energetic, with strong written, verbal and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to adhere to timelines and prioritize.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office suite.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and Luminate is a plus.
- Proficiency in WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Ability to work a variety of hours including days, nights, and weekends.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel throughout Minnesota and the Dakotas. Travel up to 20%.
Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Employment@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.