Reports to: National Director, Fundraising Events
Position Status: Unpaid
Position Timeline: November 2022 – February 2023 (10 - 12 hours/week)
The Parkinson’s Foundation is looking for an exceptional student intern to work directly with the Parkinson’s Revolution team on social media strategy and digital communications (the role will touch on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitch/Streaming platforms). This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in building a non-profit resume to work directly with fundraising and the Parkinson’s community. All work can be remote and online, and we’re looking for a commitment of 10 to 12 hours a week.
Our mission is to make life better for people with Parkinson’s disease through expert care and research. Everything we do helps people actively enjoy life with their friends, families, children, and grandchildren until there is a tomorrow without Parkinson's.
Parkinson’s Revolution is an indoor cycling event that combines the high energy of a group fitness class and the power of grassroots fundraising. Parkinson’s Revolution spin events happen across the country on one day: February 25, 2023. The social media intern will work on designing engaging social media content, with a focus on Instagram stories, connecting with local communities and fitness professionals, and promoting the event.
- Remote work from their home office/computer
- Communicate with constituents on Instagram and Facebook and via email
- Create social media content both video and photo – using Photoshop or Canva
- Learn and practice fundraising best practices
- Handle secure donor information safely
- Media monitoring, social media listening and reporting
We are looking for an intern to focus specifically on social media reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Signature Events. The ideal candidate will have these attributes:
- Strong social media skills – ability to plan and conduct social media campaigns and updates
- Self-starter who takes initiative, can solve problems self-sufficiently, but takes direction well
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – an interest in storytelling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, G Suite Graphic Design skills (Photoshop, or Canva)
- Detail-oriented; can be counted on to produce high-quality work
- Enjoys or interested in group fitness, specifically spin class
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Internships@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Please include a sample of an Instagram post and Facebook post you think tells an organization, non-profit, or brand’s story well online.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.