Reports to: Senior Manager, Professional Education
Position Status: $15/hour
Position Timeline: Part-Time 10 – 15 hrs/week
Location: New York Office or Remote
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Professional Education intern will work with the Professional Education Senior Manager to expand the Foundation’s reach to the Spanish speaking Parkinson’s community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify key dates and develop annual communications calendar to promote the Foundation’s Spanish educational resources
- Draft promotional content to be distributed to Spanish speaking PD community
- Develop content for the Parkinson’s Foundation Spanish blog highlighting resources for the community
- Develop quarterly Professional Education email communication with program and resource updates for health professional recipients
- Support topic selection and production process of Spanish podcast series
- Develop contact lists of senior living communities that cater to Spanish speakers across the country to expand Foundation outreach
- Outreach to support groups targeting Hispanic community
- Identify ways to expand reach to Spanish speakers with Parkinson’s
- Distribute program information to above lists
- Current graduate or undergraduate student studying Communications
- Fully bilingual Spanish/English speaker
- Excellent writer
- Experience working on educational programs or initiatives
- Demonstrated skills in strategic communications, copy editing and outreach
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic team
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to our mission
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within a fast-moving environment, while driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Internships@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.