Reports to: Development Director/Manager
Position Status: Unpaid
Position Timeline: Winter-Spring 2023 – up to 12 hrs. per week
Location: Virtual position with required community event attendance
Telecommute From: Chicago, IL; MN/St. Paul, MN; Milwaukee, WI; Columbus, OH
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Midwest Region Intern will help support our team and will work directly with team members on management of fundraising initiatives. There are multiple open positions serving the following locations: Chicago, IL; MN/St. Paul, MN; Milwaukee, WI; Columbus, OH. The internship positions are virtual, however candidates should be familiar with the market location of the position to which they are applying and able (pending your work or school schedule and availability) to attend a community fundraiser in your market.
- Support team with planning and implementing fundraising events
- Assist with event logistics
- Assist with managing regional social media pages including collaborating with the team to create appropriate content
- Assist in planning volunteer committee calls/meetings
- Field participant questions and inquiries
- Assist with research and outreach for new opportunities
- Support the Midwest Region team with data management and mining
- Provide administrative support and perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Current college student (junior/senior level) or graduate student
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interested in the non-profit sector and/or event planning
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Professional and capable of interacting with high-level volunteers
- Prior intern experience a plus
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Internships@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line and be clear about the metro area within which you are located (Chicago, IL; MN/St. Paul, MN; Milwaukee, WI; Columbus, OH). Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.