Reports to: Development Director/Manager
Position Status: Unpaid
Position Timeline: Spring/Summer/Fall 2022 – 12 hrs. per week
Location: Virtual Position
Telecommute From: Miami, FL; Tampa, FL; Atlanta, GA; Charlotte or Raleigh, NC; Baton Rouge, LA; Nashville, TN; and Charleston, SC
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Southeastern Region Intern will help support our team and will work directly with team members on management of fundraising initiatives. There are multiple open positions serving the following locations: Miami, FL; Tampa, FL; Atlanta, GA; Charlotte or Raleigh NC; Baton Rouge, LA; Nashville, TN; and Charleston, SC. The volunteer internship positions are virtual, however candidates should be familiar with the market location of the position to which they are applying.
- Support team with developing, planning and implementing events across the Southeast
- Assist with event logistics
- Assist with managing regional social media pages including collaborating with the team to create appropriate content
- Assist in planning volunteer committee calls/meetings
- Field participant questions and inquiries
- Assist with research and outreach for new opportunities
- Support the Southeastern Region team with data management and mining
- Provide administrative support and perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Current college student (junior/senior level) or graduate student
- Self-starter who takes initiative, comfortable wearing many hats, can solve problems self-sufficiently, but takes direction well
- Professional and capable of interacting with high-level volunteers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Organized and detail-oriented; can be counted on to produce high-quality work
- Interested in the non-profit sector, specifically fundraising
- Prior work and/or intern experience a plus
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to aspiehler@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line and be clear about the location to which you are applying (Miami, FL; Tampa, FL; Atlanta, GA; Charlotte or Raleigh NC; Baton Rouge, LA; Nashville, TN; or Charleston, SC) Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.