Reports to: Development Manager
Position Status: Unpaid
Position Timeline: Fall 2023-Spring 2024 – 6-10 hrs. per week. November-May
Location: Virtual Position with required Community Event attendance
Telecommute From: Tampa, FL or Central FL (including Orlando, FL)
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Florida Chapter Intern will support our team and work directly with team members on management of fundraising initiatives. One intern will support community events and development activities in and around: Tampa, FL, The Villages, FL, and Palm Beach, FL. The internship is virtual, however candidates should be familiar with the market location of the position to which they are applying and able (pending your work or school schedule and availability) to attend a community fundraiser in your market.
Position timeline is flexible, but intern must be available from mid-January 2024 – April 30, 2024.
- Support team with planning and implementing fundraising and awareness events across Florida
- Assist with research and outreach for new opportunities, such as local healthcare businesses and volunteer groups
- Manage and input data into organized excel spreadsheets
- Assist with planning and implementing event logistics
- Record minutes at volunteer committee meetings
- Collaborate with the team to create social media and marketing content
- Assist in managing volunteers at events and delegating tasks
- Communicate with fundraising event team captains and create custom team flyers
- Provide administrative support and perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Current college student
- Professional and capable of interacting with high-level volunteers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable making cold calls
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Canva
- Organized and detail-oriented; can be counted on to produce high-quality work
- Interested in the non-profit sector, specifically fundraising and event planning
- Prior work and/or intern experience a plus
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Internships@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.
Applicants must have required documents to work in the US. Please visit this webpage for more information.