Reports to: Danielle Agpalo, Senior Coordinator, Community Engagement
Position Status: $16/hr
Position Timeline: January to May 2023 – 10 to 15 hrs. per week
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Community Engagement Intern will support the Community Engagement team and will work remotely with staff and volunteer leadership to identify and maintain a list of vetted resources for the Parkinson’s community. The intern will help ensure that the Foundation is continually identifying, listening and responding to the needs of the Parkinson’s community as collaborators and partners.
- Learn and understand the Parkinson’s Foundation regional structure and Chapter network.
- Maintain an organized list of local resources, including Parkinson’s support groups, exercise classes, and educational programs to share with staff and posted on Chapter webpages.
- Research new community resources for people with Parkinson’s.
- Call, email and verify information regarding new and existing resources.
- Conduct periodic follow up to verify information is correct and update resource list(s) as needed.
- Represent the Parkinson’s Foundation during communications with external organizations.
- Perform other internship-related duties as assigned.
- Current college undergraduate student or graduate student.
- Self-motivated, positive, and able to communicate well with diverse populations and age groups.
- Highly collaborative; ability to work independently and as part of a larger geographically dispersed team.
- Organized, detail-oriented, timeline driven and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Interested in the non-profit sector, specifically geriatric health.
- Access to computer, phone, and internet.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word preferred.
- Prior work or intern experience a plus.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Employment@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.
Applicants must have required documents to work in the US. Please visit this webpage for more information.