Development Manager - NJ
Reports to: Development Director, NJ
Position Status: Full-Time
Location: New Jersey
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Development Manager is responsible for implementing the mission through fundraising events and corporate, donor, and volunteer development. This person in this role will grow signature events while deepening stakeholder engagement with the Foundation and cultivate partnerships that promote growth and awareness within the community.
It is essential that the Development Manager demonstrates and upholds the Foundation’s values of collaboration, dedication, excellence, integrity, positivity, responsiveness and teamwork.
The position encompasses three main areas of focus and responsibility: Recruitment & Fundraising, Planning & Logistics, and Community & Volunteer Engagement:
RECRUITING & FUNDRAISING – 70%
- Achieve fundraising and recruitment goals for a portfolio of community and donor-based fundraising efforts including Moving Day and Parkinson’s Revolution.
- Secure sponsors for fundraising events and education programs; provide annual partnership offerings.
- Maintain corporate sponsor relationships with pharmaceutical companies and actively seek new business/ corporate sponsors outside of pharmaceuticals.
- Direct the identification, recruitment, cultivation, and recognition for fundraising participants and teams to ensure event fundraising and recruitment goals are met.
- Collaborate with regional leadership to identify, cultivate, and steward donors to secure gifts up to $10,000.
- Support the building and growth of the local Chapter Advisory Board.
PLANNING AND LOGISTICS – 15%
- Develop and monitor annual assigned fundraising event budgets.
- Produce fundraising events, including executing logistics, securing event venues and vendors including all necessary permits, contracts and payments.
- Work with the Development Director and team to create and implement a strategic plan to meet NY/NJ fundraising goals.
- Develop and execute a marketing plan for the Chapter and its fundraising events, including promotional materials, websites, social media, public relations, email communications, and monthly e-blasts.
- Assist event participants in navigating the fundraising event websites and social media tools.
- Order collateral materials related to fundraising events including marketing materials, signage, t-shirts, incentive prizes giveaways, etc.
COMMUNITY & VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT – 10%
- Recruit, train, and manage local volunteer and committee members to assist in implementing assigned fundraising events.
- Build new and maintain existing relationships with existing Parkinson’s Foundation community partners and professionals.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local community while advancing the mission, goals and values
- Serve as a representative for Parkinson’s Foundation, presenting to various groups promoting the Foundation, the Chapter, and its events and acting as spokesperson when necessary.
OTHER – 5%
- Maintain accurate records and files for constituents, donors, fundraising events, programs, and activities. Utilize provided CRMs and metric tracking programs for database management.
- Keep abreast of national office activities and utilize available resources.
- Prepare routine reports to share with leadership through analysis of event metrics.
- Be knowledgeable about Parkinson’s disease and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising, preferably within a non-profit organization.
- Proven experience with peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and motivation to participants as well as business and social leaders.
- Ability to close face-to-face sales and sponsorships.
- Strong volunteer recruitment and management skills
- Proven and significant skills in planning, budgeting, and volunteer development.
- Outgoing, energetic, with strong written, verbal, and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to adhere to timelines and prioritize.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office suite.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and Luminate is a plus.
- Proficiency in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Ability to work a variety of hours as needed including days, nights, and weekends.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel throughout the chapter 20% of the time
Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Employment@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.