Development Coordinator - FL
Reports to: Senior Development Manager – Florida Chapter
Position Status: Full Time
Location: Hybrid – Miami area preferred
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is seeking a goal-oriented and self-motivated professional for the position of Development Coordinator for the Florida Chapter. This position is responsible serves as a member of the Florida Chapter team in the implementation of the mission through fundraising events, corporate development, and volunteer development. The coordinator will provide support to the Florida Chapter team in their goal to cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the community.
It is essential that the Development Coordinator demonstrates and upholds the Foundation’s values of collaboration, dedication, excellence, integrity, positivity, responsiveness, and teamwork.
ABOUT MOVING DAY:
Moving Day is an inspiring and empowering annual fundraising walk event that has united more than 150,000 participants around the country living with PD, their care partners, and loved ones to fight Parkinson's. Moving Day is more than just a community event. It is a celebration of movement – proven to help manage Parkinson's symptoms. Moving Day is among the largest Parkinson's events in the country and provides excellent brand exposure to thousands of people in the Parkinson's community.
ABOUT PARKINSON’S REVOLUTION:
Parkinson’s Revolution is an indoor cycling event that raises funds and awareness for the Parkinson’s Foundation. The event happens for 1 day across the country and attracts indoor and outdoor cyclists who want to make a difference while breaking a sweat. The Revolution Manager will be responsible for participant recruitment and stewardship, fundraising strategy, logistical support, and on-site event production for the 2024 Revolution season and beyond.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Fundraising – 70%
- Oversee the implementation and growth of Moving Day Miami, Moving Day Palm Beach and Parkinson’s Revolution Miami alongside other fundraising events throughout the year.
- Provide leadership of assigned Chapter development events in partnership with the Senior Development Manager.
- Prioritize relationships and tasks that lead to revenue development goals for assigned fundraising events and in support of the overarching Chapter revenue goal.
- Work with event participants to maximize the potential of their participation through weekly in-person meetings, virtual visits and/or in office meetings. Provide customer service to Chapter constituents and event participants including support of registration, coaching and stewardship of these individuals and corporate partners.
- Lead recruitment of new participants and constituents into Chapter based fundraising events.
- Lead event volunteer efforts to recruit and steward ample volunteer support for each Chapter event.
- Lead all logistical details for Chapter based events including vendor partnerships, event permits, contracts, invoicing and expense management.
- Research and solicit sponsorship and media prospects for fundraising events in the Chapter.
- Order collateral materials related to the Chapter fundraising events including marketing materials, signage, t-shirts, incentive prizes giveaways, etc.
- Recruit event day volunteers for the Chapter fundraising events.
- Track and report revenue and team numbers for the Chapter. Provide weekly written updates on revenue progress and updated revenue numbers.
- Seek posting opportunities to increase visibility of PF Volunteer opportunities & post for volunteers as guided by Senior Development Manager.
- Attend networking events and programs where staffing is needed.
- Other administrative duties as directed.
Chapter Development Support – 20%
- Support Senior Development Manager in management of corporate partner relationships including benefit delivery and stewardship opportunities.
- Work closely with the Senior Development Manager to develop and execute communications for the Chapter’s fundraising events including event and chapter website, social media and email communications. This includes writing and distribution.
- Update donor records in the database.
- Process data entry, pull mailing lists and reports from the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Prospect grants opportunities for the Chapter and work with regional team to apply for those in the range of $5,000 using a Foundation provided template.
- Prepare materials for meetings (Calendar Invitations, Agendas, PowerPoint presentations, new member paperwork etc.) and attend various board and committee meetings and record meeting minutes.
- Coordinate marketing materials such as holiday cards, business cards, letterhead, etc.
Other – 10%
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local community while advancing the mission, goals and values.
- Keep abreast of National Office activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Parkinson’s disease and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the equipment and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and minimum of 2 years’ fundraising or event experience, preferably within a non-profit organization
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented team member
- Ability to work cooperatively in team environment
- Possess and exhibit a professional, outgoing, friendly, fearless and positive attitude
- Focused, organized and detail oriented
- Employ discretion, tact and empathy; proactive and intuitive people skills
- Comfortable spending majority of time on the phone and engaging on digital platforms
- Exceptional verbal communication and motivation skills
- Communicate accurately and effectively using email
- Experience with social media and website navigation
- Accurate data entry skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, database and spreadsheet management
- Maintain an excellent attendance record during this contract
- Work must be performed during core business hours
Hourly compensation for a total of 35 hours per week dependent on experience.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Employment@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.