Reports to: Development Director
Position Status: Full Time
Location: Remote – must be based in North or South Carolina
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is seeking a goal-oriented and self-motivated professional for the position of Development Coordinator for the Carolinas Chapter. This position serves as a critical member of the Carolinas Chapter team in the implementation of the mission through fundraising events, corporate development, education and outreach and volunteer development. The Development Coordinator will provide support to the Carolinas Chapter team in their goal to cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
FUNDRAISING – 60%
- Supporting the implementation and growth of peer-to-peer fundraising events throughout the chapter alongside other fundraising events throughout the year.
- Provide leadership of assigned Chapter development events in partnership with the Sr. Development Manager.
- Prioritize relationships and tasks that lead to revenue development goals for assigned fundraising events and in support of the overarching Chapter revenue goal.
- Work with event participants to maximize the potential of their participation through weekly in-person meetings, virtual visits and/or in office meetings. Provide customer service to Chapter constituents and event participants including support of registration, coaching and stewardship of these individuals and corporate partners.
- Lead recruitment of new participants and constituents into Chapter based events.
- Lead event volunteer efforts to recruit and steward ample volunteer support for each Chapter event.
- Lead all logistical details for fundraising events including vendor partnerships, event permits, contracts, invoicing, and expense management.
- Research and solicit sponsorship and media prospects for fundraising events in the Chapter.
- Order collateral materials related to the Chapter fundraising events including marketing materials, signage, t-shirts, incentive prizes giveaways, etc.
- Track and report revenue and team numbers for the Chapter. Provide weekly written updates on revenue progress.
- Attend networking events and programs where staffing is needed.
Chapter Support – 40%
- Secure event space and speakers for Chapter events
- Lead and support promotion and recruitment efforts for Chapter events
- Attend community events to represent and present on behalf of PF
- Prospect and establish communication with chapter community partners
- Work closely with the Chapter staff to develop and execute communications for the Chapter’s events including event and chapter website, social media, and email communications. This includes writing and distribution.
- Update donor records in the database.
- Process data entry, pull mailing lists and reports from the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Prepare materials for meetings (Calendar Invitations, Agendas, PowerPoint presentations, new member paperwork etc.) and attend various board and committee meetings and record meeting minutes.
- Coordinate marketing materials such as holiday cards, business cards, letterhead, etc.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local community while advancing the mission, goals, and values.
- Keep abreast of National Office activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Parkinson’s disease and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the equipment and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma and minimum of 2 years’ fundraising or event experience, preferably within a non-profit organization
Self-motivated, goal-oriented team member
- Ability to work cooperatively in team environment
- Possess and exhibit a professional, outgoing, friendly, fearless and positive attitude
- Focused, organized and detail oriented
- Employ discretion, tact and empathy; proactive and intuitive people skills
- Comfortable spending majority of time on the phone and engaging on digital platforms
- Exceptional verbal communication and motivation skills
- Communicate accurately and effectively using email
- Experience with social media and website navigation
- Accurate data entry skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, database and spreadsheet management
- Must have reliable personal transportation
- Work must be performed during core business hours
Hourly compensation for a total of 35 hours per week dependent on experience. This position qualifies for full time employment benefits.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Employment@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.