Reports to: Senior Coordinator, Community Engagement
Position Status: Unpaid
Position Timeline: Spring 2024 – 10 hrs. per week
Location: Miami, FL / New York, NY / Telecommute
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Community Engagement Research Intern will help support the Community Engagement team with research activities including the Parkinson’s Foundation Research Advocacy Program and Surveys Initiative. The Research Advocacy Program aims to train the Parkinson’s community to become primary partners working alongside researchers, scientists and government in the drug development process. The Surveys initiative aims to advance Parkinson’s care through understanding the experiences of people living with this disease and widely sharing those experiences with the PD community.
Support team with developing, planning and implementing survey projects in REDCap using evidence-based literature, resources and collaboration with people with Parkinson’s disease to ensure research relevance
Collaborate in all stages of research and analytics, including conducting literature reviews, developing our learning agendas and data management including collection, cleaning, processing and analysis
Participate in developing evaluation and metrics for community engagement activities
Support research advocacy program and engagement strategy to inform strategic and programmatic decisions
Provide administrative support and perform other job-related duties as assigned
Upon completion of this internship, the community engagement research intern will:
- Develop a keen understanding of the importance of community engagement to drive strategic priorities of The Parkinson’s Foundation (improving access to care, advancing research, and educating and empowering all impacted by Parkinson’s)
- Learn how to develop/design surveys, partnering with the Parkinson’s community, to evaluate community engagement activities
- Gain an understanding of The Parkinson’s Foundation community programs and efforts to reach populations of focus (i.e., communities that have been adversely affected by health disparities)
- Currently working on the process of obtaining, a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in a health related field
- Demonstrated understanding of questionnaire and interview construction and knowledge of research study design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Internships@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.
Applicants must have required documents to work in the US. Please visit this webpage for more information.