Reports to: Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
Position Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: New York, Miami or Remote
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Associate Vice President, Technology and Data will lead the development and management of systems and platforms that support the operations and strategic objectives of the Foundation. The AVP is a customer-focused, hands-on technology leader with a passion for driving efficiencies and innovations across the organization. The primary responsibilities of this position to provide vision and strategy for all technology and data management activities, oversee enterprise information management, champion systems security, data governance and quality, and develop and maintain a well-designed, secure and integrated systems and information architectures to support this vision. The AVP reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
It is essential that the Associate Vice President demonstrates and upholds the Foundation values of collaboration, dedication, excellence, integrity, positivity, responsiveness and teamwork.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
Strategy, Management and Leadership
- Forge collaborative relationships across functional areas to evaluate, create and implement a “best in class” technology strategy that enables the Foundation to achieve its Strategic Plan and Mission.
- Drive innovative ideas and solutions through leadership and decisive action.
- Function as a key member of the senior management team and as an advisor, a strategic partner, and leader to management on information technology matters.
- Provide leadership, support, and direction for information systems through collaboration, education, and relationship building.
- Define organizational needs, system requirements, and timelines for future system enhancements and implementation to support organizational growth across functional areas.
- Maintain secure systems, applications and platforms that foster seamless internal collaboration and communication across the Foundation and prevent its data from being compromised.
- Manage and oversee integration of software, tools, and applications across functional areas and implementation of improvements to the existing infrastructure.
Procedures, Performance, Training and IT Support
- Develop, document, and oversee Foundation-wide technology and data policies, procedures, services and facilities.
- Develop operating performance standards for the technology infrastructure and analysis of performance against standards; implementing changes to achieve adherence and improvements vis-a-vis performance standards.
- Develop and implement technology use trainings and provide technical consulting across functional areas.
- Work with the IT team to support the professional development of team members and to foster a strong, collegial, proactive and customer-oriented service.
Vendor Management, Coordination and Evaluation
- Select and actively manage vendors and platforms for internal and external meetings, events and trainings hosted by the Foundation, determining and leading the identification and coordination of internal resource needs and best in class execution and presentation.
- Manage the approved budget for IT operating and capital expenditures, ensuring adherence to the annually approved budget.
- College degree in IT related field and a minimum of 10 years of technology management experience.
- Experience developing, planning, and implementing technology and data management strategy.
- Experience managing technology functions in a non-profit environment.
- Experience with Blackbaud products (Raisers Edge NXT, Financial Edge NXT), Omatic products, Sales force as well as managing IT in a Windows and as Mac environment.
- Prior management of a help desk, preferably with knowledge of Zendesk.
- Knowledge of the latest strategies to protect against cyber threats, including multifactor authentication, DNS filters, protection against phishing and ransomware threats.
- Demonstrated ability to manage IT operations in the cloud, management of hosting arrangements and safely integrating systems into the infrastructure without compromising security.
- Experience in structuring data systems to comply with security standards such as GDPR, HIPAA, etc.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills, with the ability to speak both "people" and "technology.”
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability and desire to take on both a strategic and "hands on" role.
- Demonstrated success in vendor management skills, including experience in evaluation, negotiation, selection and project management of vendors.
- Exceptional project organization and management skills.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Employment@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.