Reports to: Vice President, Chief HR & Administration Officer
Position Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: New York, Miami or Remote
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Associate Director of Human Resources will work on a variety of initiatives and projects across human resources (HR) disciplines to ensure that the Foundation attracts, hires, and retains a world-class team committed to the mission of the organization. This position will work with the HR team and with staff across the organization, with areas of focus that include, but not limited to recruitment, onboarding, training and development, and furthering the Foundation’s focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
It is essential that the Associate Director demonstrates and upholds the Foundation values of collaboration, dedication, excellence, integrity, positivity, responsiveness and teamwork.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the development, implementation and continuous improvement of a comprehensive training and development strategy, ensuring strategic alignment of with organizational goals
- Evaluate Foundation team needs and plan training programs accordingly, including the creation of training materials
- Coach staff directly responsible for employee development efforts to advance employee engagement and performance
- Coordinate with CRO to manage and maintain electronic database for those enrolled in the study through tasks such as sending follow-up surveys, communicating survey deadlines, ensuring timely data collection, addressing missing data and queries
- Work with the HR team on employee engagement initiatives and retention efforts
- Manage recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel and temporary employees
- Create, implement and evaluate onboarding plans and work with supervisors to arrange on-the-job training for newly hired employees
- Promote and champion the Foundation’s diversity, equity and inclusion goals by furthering the organizations DEI roadmap including the promotion of representational diversity in our workforce and fostering an equitable and welcoming environment where people from diverse backgrounds can participate and thrive
- Advance a workplace culture that embodies the core values of the Foundation
- Performs other HR related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related educational field with at least four years of experience designing and implementing employee development programs
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credentials preferred
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and analytically driven
- Ability to develop an employee-oriented organizational culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance
- Impeccable ability to maintain confidentiality and the highest degree of ethical and professional behavior
- Strong empathy and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and human resources software
- Ability to assess people in an effort to anticipate the changing needs of our staff and our workforce
- Proven experience using logic and critical thinking to resolve problems or prevent problems as well the flexibility to consider alternate solutions
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently in a timely manner with competing priorities and multiple deadlines
- Basic knowledge of employment law compliance and accounting principles
- Ability to work with and maintain positive relationships with outside vendors
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Employment@Parkinson.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson's disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.