Reports to: Senior Director, Grantmaking Operations
Position Status: Contract, 25 hours/week
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
As a grantmaking foundation, PF awards funds to academic institutions and community organizations through grants, fellowships and partnership agreements to further its mission. The pre- and post-award grantmaking lifecycle is managed through PF’s grants management system and portal, ProposalCentral.
The role of the Grants Database Assistant is to maintain the performance and integrity of ProposalCentral and to uphold PF’s values of collaboration, dedication, excellence, integrity, positivity, responsiveness and teamwork. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in working in the non-profit, grants management field who enjoys organizing information, utilizing technology, focusing on the details and working across teams to achieve goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and foster strong relationships with internal and external teams using the system.
- Collaborate with ProposalCentral’s Customer Success Manager who provides technical support.
- Assist with the creation of users, permissions and profiles.
- Provide support for users by answering questions and troubleshooting issues.
- Maintain grant award records, enter data and organize data fields.
- Ensure data integrity of ProposalCentral records.
- Create and maintain fields, workflows and processes in the system.
- Update and document processes in the grantmaking go-to guide.
- Perform clean-up of records as needed to guarantee accurate information for reports and queries.
- Help with set-up throughout the lifecycle of award programs.
- Modify templates within the system as needed.
- Schedule deliverables for awardee reporting in the system.
- Review payment-related deliverables submitted by awardees.
- Build custom reports and templates to share updates on outcomes and impact of awards.
- Identify new opportunities for optimizing the system and maximizing impact.
- Perform related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Interest to learn about, understand and effectively communicate about Parkinson’s disease
- Desire to serve the needs of the Parkinson’s community.
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a larger geographically dispersed team.
- Aptitude to quickly learn to use new technology and software.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work, navigate complex issues and work with multiple stakeholders.
- Skill in managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Highly collaborative, positive and professional.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Solution focused and flexible with emotional maturity and empathy.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Knowledge of grants management databases, such as ProposalCentral, a plus.
Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Grants Database Assistant” in the subject line. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.