Reports to: Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
Position Status: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Miami, FL/New York, NY/Telecommute
The Parkinson’s Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Director, Health Data and Evidence reports to the Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer. The primary responsibility of this position is to manage a portfolio of cross-functional projects aimed at identifying, defining, analyzing and synthesizing internally and externally generated data (ie.,Parkinson’s Outcomes Project, PF Surveys, Helpline, Centers of Excellence surveys, evidence-generating publications) to improve health and quality of life for people with Parkinson’s disease (PD).
This individual will work across program areas as a partner to identify current and future data assets and gaps, as well as co-create and coordinate the execution of objectives that are aligned with the mission and strategic priorities of the organization.
It is essential that the Director demonstrates and upholds the Foundation values of collaboration, dedication, excellence, integrity, positivity, responsiveness and teamwork.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned, including serving as a resource to team members throughout the Foundation.
Strategy, Program Development and Management
- Identify, evaluate and clearly present on internal and external opportunities for the utilization of health data to further the mission of the Foundation.
- Understand and incorporate trends and future-oriented insights into the Foundation’s health data, evidence and outcomes strategy and tactics.
- Lead and collaborate with Foundation colleagues on relevant projects to achieve Foundation strategic priorities.
- Support staff by proactively connecting program strategies to existing and potential initiatives and projects.
- Collaborate with staff to execute on both short and long-term evaluation projects to support strategies and goals.
- Design and executive on multiple projects with a combination of a “hands-on” and “big picture” approach.
Data Synthesis, Interpretation and Dissemination
- Analyze, frame and report on internal and external data and evidence in an ongoing and timely manner.
- Develop and utilize templates for visual and written data presentation and interpretation to internal and external audiences.
- Exhibit full understanding and ability to articulate the contents and potential use cases of the Foundation’s growing health data portfolio.
- Communicate effectively and often with stakeholders through public presentations, written reports and social media, particularly on presentation materials that highlight data and evaluation results.
- Generate detailed as well as synthesized plain language reports, visual representations and executive summaries for internal and external audiences.
- Understand and have the ability to clearly articulate the range of data, outcomes and evidence assets within the Foundation as well as the specifics of a single asset.
- Effectively and accurately communicate the mission and goals of the Foundation, its initiatives within the Parkinson’s community and the public at large.
- Minimum Master’s degree in public health, health services administration, epidemiology or other health data-oriented field.
- Five to seven years experience in quantitative and qualitative health data analysis, synthesis, interpretation and reporting in clear and comprehensive manner to professional and lay audiences.
- Experience utilizing data software programs (REDcap, the R software program, Excel, and Tableau) to extract and analyze health care data from various surveys, platforms and data sets.
- Knowledge of data quality processes, including the demonstrated ability to assess accuracy of output at a report level and to investigate potential issues at a more granular level.
- Proficiency in producing graphs, tables, reports and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with Tableau a plus.
- Strong judgment and discretion; ability to strictly adhere to relevant policies governing confidential data.
- Highly collaborative; ability to work independently and as part of a larger geographically dispersed team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to deliver presentations to a variety of stakeholders.
- Solution-oriented with refined problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to adhere to timelines and prioritize and adjust to current and emerging priorities. Ability to effectively negotiate multiple complex activities.
The salary range for this position is $85,000 - $95,000 annually, and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Director, Health Data and Evidence” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters and salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer