Reports to: Associate Vice President, Community Engagement
Position Status: Full Time, Contract
Location: New York, NY; Miami, FL or Remote
The Parkinson’s Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Director, Community Engagement reports to the Associate Vice President, Community Engagement and will direct the design and implementation of patient engagement in Parkinson’s research projects with the biopharmaceutical and medtech industry. This individual will also work closely with the Associate Director, Community Engagement and the Coordinator, Community Engagement to achieve project goals.
This individual is responsible for exercising independent judgment and considerable initiative to manage these projects. Responsibilities include working with people with Parkinson’s and care partners and research teams as research collaborators, executing project contracts with sponsors, project coordination and management, advisory board development and execution and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as external constituents and partners.
It is essential that the Director, Community Engagement demonstrates and upholds the Foundation values of collaboration, dedication, excellence, integrity, positivity, responsiveness and teamwork.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned, including serving as a resource to team members throughout the Foundation.
- Design and execute a portfolio of industry-facing patient engagagement projects.
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Vice President, Community Engagement to build relationships with potential industry partners.
- Manage completion of Master Service Agreements and Scopes of Work with industry partner legal and compliance teams and Foundation legal counsel.
- Develop and implement general and project specific patient engagement tools and resources (discussion guides, project planning tools, evaluation and assessment, etc.).
- Develop and manage patient advisory boards.
- Partner with Foundation staff on qualitative analysis and prepation of reports from patient engagement work.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Work with project teams to ensure adherence to timelines and reporting on project and program milestones.
- Create presentations and co-author publications on patient engagement work.
- Stay up-to-date on regulatory affairs that intersect with patient engagement in research (FDA Patient Focused Drug Development, guidances in diversity, equity and inclusions in research, etc.).
- Optimize representation of diverse populations in patient engagement projects.
- Minimum Master’s degree in the social sciences, public health or biological sciences and at least five to seven years in a related field.
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Proven work experience in patient engagement in research.
- Knowledge of and experience with mixed methodology research (focus groups, Delphi panels, surveys, etc.).
- Excellent project management and time management skills, including the to adhere to timelines and prioritize and adjust to current and emerging priorities. Ability to effectively negotiate multiple complex activities.
- Highly collaborative; ability to work independently and as part of a larger geographically dispersed team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to deliver presentations to a variety of stakeholders.
- Solution-oriented with refined problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory affairs in new medical product development and patient engagement preferred but not required.
- Experience with diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, especially in patient engagement in research, preferred but not required.
Compensation for this position depends on prior experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Director – Community Engagement” in the subject line. Resumes without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.