The Parkinson’s Foundation Community Grants program supports programs that further the health, wellness and education of the Parkinson’s community. We help people with Parkinson’s disease (PD) live better lives, today.
In the 2020 grant cycle, we awarded seven local grants to community programs in your area. These Community Grants are made possible through the support of donors.
Parkinson’s Foundation Local Grant Recipients
- Cane Bay Family YMCA PWR!, YMCA of Greater Charleston/ Cannon Street YMCA - Summerville, SC
- Education and Exercise Support for Individuals Newly Diagnosed and their Care Partners, South Carolina Research Foundation - Columbia, SC
- Poised for Parkinson's in the Carolinas: A new approach for managing motor and non-motor symptoms of Parkinson's and improving functionality, The Poise Project - Candler, NC
- YMCA Parkinson's Program-- Expansion and Community Outreach, YMCA of Southeastern North Carolina - Wilmington, NC
- Empowering Newly Diagnosed Through Education and Reach, Greenville Area Parkinson Society - Greenville, SC
- Parkinson’s Movement Initiative at ADF, American Dance Festival - Durham, NC
- UNC Parkinson's Hospitalization Improvement Program - Assessment Phase, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - Chapel Hill, NC