If you have been recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, you are not alone. Today many people with Parkinson’s are looking beyond their doctors alone to keep themselves well. We are here to help empower you by giving you the tools and information you need to lead a healthier, more independent life. Starting today you have the power to make a positive change in your life.
This section of Parkinson.org is unique; all of topics listed below have been written by people who have lived well with Parkinson's for several years.
- I've Got Parkinson's...Now What?
- Getting the Support You Need
- Telling Family About the Diagnosis
- Your Symptoms are Unique to You
- When and How Should I Talk to My Employer and My Coworkers?
- The Medication Question
- Keeping the Lines of Communication Open
- Dealing With Relationship Changes
- Does Parkinson's Hurt?
- Get Moving!
- Why Do I Keep Doing This? Impulsivity
- Why Am I So Down? There Is Help
- How Can I Cope with Anxiety and Stress?
- Traveling With Parkinson's Disease
- Should I Keep Driving?
- In Sickness and in Health: Intimacy and Parkinson's