Are you interested in helping the Parkinson’s Foundation (PF) work toward a world without Parkinson’s? Apply to the People with Parkinson's Advisory Council by Monday, December 19.
In August, the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation and the National Parkinson Foundation merged to form the Parkinson’s Foundation. We are seeking advisors from the community to help us kick off a new and exciting era in the Parkinson’s community.
Service on PPAC provides a unique opportunity for community members to bring their professional and volunteer skills to bear on PF’s mission of finding a cure for Parkinson’s and helping those who live with the disease. People living with Parkinson’s or care partners are eligible to apply for a three-year term.
What is PPAC?
The People with Parkinson's Advisory Council is comprised of people with Parkinson’s and care partners who serve as advisors to the Parkinson’s Foundation. Meet Current PPAC Members
How Do Members Work with PF?
It is critical to PF to engage people with Parkinson’s as partners in every part of our work. With this in mind, responsibilities of PPAC members may include, but are not limited to:
- Guiding PF’s strategy to invest in promising scientific research that will end Parkinson’s disease and improve the lives of people with Parkinson’s and their families, through improved treatments, support and the best care;
- Reviewing and providing recommendations on programs, initiatives, policies and materials that are conducted to advance PF goals;
- Providing input on unmet needs within the PD community based on an understanding of the community at-large;
- Serving as ambassadors for PF in the PD community and the general public;
- Identifying and coordinating opportunities for sharing PF informational and educational resources;
- Supporting PF through organizing fundraising events within the community and/or personal contributions;
- Serving on PPAC and/or PF committees and working groups; and
- Attending PPAC conference calls and two in-person meetings per year in NYC and Miami.
How Long is the Term?
PF is currently soliciting applications from individuals who are interested in serving on PPAC for three years, beginning in 2017 and ending in 2020.
How Do I Apply?
Applications can be submitted online here. The deadline for application is Monday, December 19.