Community Development Manager (MN)
National Parkinson Foundation (NPF) is an international nonprofit organization. At NPF our mission and vision is to make life better for people with Parkinson's through expert care and research. Everything we do helps people actively enjoy life with their friends, families, children and grandchildren until there is a tomorrow without Parkinson's. Please visit our website at www.parkinsonmn.org.
The Community Development Manager is responsible for the implementation of the mission through corporate relationship development, fundraising, event management and volunteer development. The person in this role will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the community.
- Develop, implement and monitor an annual budget and work plan, including fundraising, leadership development and volunteer development.
- Lead fundraising efforts, leadership development and volunteer development with corporate partners.
- Create and implement strategies to meet fundraising goals through the Moving Day® event(s) program and other Chapter fundraising events as assigned.
- Oversee all logistics and volunteer management for Moving Day event(s) and other events as assigned.
- Recruit volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing the fundraising work plan.
- Serve as a consultant and resource to volunteers. Provide professional leadership in planning and implementing their tasks and/or responsibilities.
- Assure appropriate utilization of volunteer skills and resources and provide guidance in carrying out assignments and recognition for their time and effort.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities and routinely review the status of each with your supervisor.
- Direct the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate and foundation participation and donations related to Moving Day and other Chapter events as assigned.
- Coordinate all collateral materials (printed and electronic) related to fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Coordinate public relations, social media and promotion for fundraising events.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising events.
- Keep abreast of National Office activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Parkinson’s disease and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the facilities, equipment and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
CHAPTER SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for acquisition of corporate sponsorships, participation in corporate volunteer programs, and acquisition of corporate grants.
- Develop Parkinson friendly Workplace participants among Corporate partners.
- Proactively keep the www.parkinsonmn.org website up to date on upcoming fund raising events, volunteer opportunities and recognition, and acknowledgement of corporate sponsors, grantors, and Parkinson friendly Workplace participants.
- BA/BS degree
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement.
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting and volunteer development.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Raiser’s Edge and Convio.
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
The National Parkinson Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D/V.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Angela Schlesinger, NPFM Executive Director; Aschlesinger@parkinson.org. No phone calls please.