Fundraising Technology Intern
Description: The National Parkinson Foundation is looking for an exceptional undergraduate/graduate student intern to work directly with the Director of Fundraising Technology on an array of projects. Primarily to work with the Luminate Online software used to support our Moving Day Signature Walk program.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in building a non-profit resume and learning from a great team. You will work with passionate professionals, learn first-hand how a non-profit walk program is run from a digital perspective and enjoy a real opportunity to make an impact on a debilitating disease. We need a commitment of a minimum of 20-25 hours a week. Start and end dates are somewhat flexible but we ask that you commit to at least a 5 month internship timeframe for Spring semester.
Requirements: We are looking for a high-caliber intern to support our Director of Fundraising Technology as well as others members of the Community & Constituent Relations team. We need an individual who is committed to a high standard of excellence and can thrive in a small organization with an ambitious agenda. The ideal candidate will have these attributes:
- Current college student (junior/senior level) or graduate student
- Self-starter who takes initiative, comfortable wearing many hats, can solve problems self-sufficiently, but takes direction well.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Graphic Design & HTML skills
- Detail-oriented; can be counted on to produce high-quality work
- Interested in the non-profit sector
- Prior work and/or intern experience a plus
The Intern’s responsibilities to include:
- Day to day management / update of Moving Day website & TeamRaiser content
- Tech support for Moving Day website users & Participant Center users
- Software Tech support for Chapters and coordinators around the country
- An array of administrative duties and involvement in projects
Area of Focus: Individuals and their families who are impacted by Parkinson’s disease
Start date: Summer / Fall Internship: May 2016-December 2016
Paid or Unpaid: Paid
Contact: Damian Watkins, Director of Fundraising Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail your cover letter and resume. Please be advised that a resume without a cover letter will not be reviewed.