Communications Intern (Miami)
Description: The National Parkinson Foundation is looking for an exceptional undergraduate/graduate student intern to work directly with the communications team on an array of marketing and web projects. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in building a non-profit resume and learning from a great team. You will work with passionate professionals, learn first-hand how to apply best practices in communications and enjoy a real opportunity to make an impact on a debilitating disease. We need a commitment of a minimum of 20-25 hours a week. Start and end dates are somewhat flexible but we ask that you commit to at least a 5 month internship timeframe for Spring semester or a 3 month internship timeframe for a Summer internship.
We are looking for a high-caliber intern to support our Communications department. We need an individual who is committed to a high standard of excellence and can thrive in a small organization with an ambitious agenda. The ideal candidate will have these attributes:
- Current college student (junior/senior level) or graduate student
- Self-starter who takes initiative, comfortable wearing many hats, can solve problems self-sufficiently, but takes direction well.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Graphic Design & HTML skills
- Detail-oriented; can be counted on to produce high-quality work
- Interested in the non-profit sector
- Prior work and/or intern experience a plus
The Intern’s responsibilities may include:
- Conducting research and communications audits
- Media monitoring, social media listening and reporting
- Development of the Foundation’s secondary social media networks
- Various marketing activities
- An array of administrative duties
Contact: Kristy Pomes, Communications Coordinator, email@example.com . E-mail your cover letter and resume. Please be advised that a resume without a cover letter will not be reviewed.