COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR (MIAMI, FL)
The National Parkinson Foundation (NPF) seeks a Communications Coordinator who will write and edit content, for web and print, on topics related to Parkinson’s disease (PD) and NPF programs for the PD community and the general public. Under the supervision of the Vice President, Marketing and Communications, the Communications Coordinator will work with the Communications team to maintain the accuracy, accessibility and consistency of content across all channels.
- Work with Vice President, Marketing and Communications to implement and integrate critical messaging necessary to achieve strategic plan objectives and articulate NPF’s mission.
- Manage all aspects of NPF’s print newsletter (3 issues a year), Parkinson Report, and the annual report including gathering content, writing and editing articles, photo selection, design and production.
- Collaborate with Director of Online Communications on content marketing strategy; Produce digital content for Parkinson.org (original and content updates), e-mail copy, blog posts, infographics, video scripts, social media posts and other content.
- Update and create new marketing collateral according to brand style guidelines.
- Oversee the content of direct mail initiatives in collaboration with Constituent Relations department, print and digital, to maintain message consistency.
- Develop or assist in messaging for marketing of signature events (Moving Day® and Team Hope™).
- Write in a style that is SEO-friendly with compelling headlines and calls-to-action.
- Work across departments to maintain brand integrity, style guide and messaging consistency.
- Provide editing quality assurance for entire organization to ensure written text is free of errors.
- Assist with national events, public awareness campaigns and media outreach as needed.
- Select and work with external vendors, including graphic designers and printers.
- Keep up-to-date with news and current best practices within the nonprofit health care arena.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience writing and editing content for digital and print; Non-profit experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing the design and production of quality collateral materials and publications.
- Pristine grammar, copywriting, proofreading and written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic graphic design principles preferred (familiarity with Photoshop).
- Excellent project management skill with ability to work on multiple detail-oriented projects.
- Ability to collaborate with people in a variety of roles, functions and leadership levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as part of an entrepreneurial team.
- This position is based in the Miami, FL national headquarters.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail a resume and thoughtful cover letter, specifically describing your applicable background, experience and interest in this position in PDF format to: Leilani Pearl, Vice President of Communications and Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Communications Coordinator Position.” Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please. We are accepting applications for this position until September 30, 2015.
The National Parkinson Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D/V.
CORPORATE RELATIONS PROJECT MANAGER (MIAMI, FL)
The primary role of the Corporate and Foundations Relations Project Manageris to coordinate the business operations, activities and processes related to Corporate Development. The person in this role will assume a wide range of responsibilities, many of which will require exceptional organizational skills and ingenuity. By applying strong communication skills and multi-tasking abilities, to effectively support the Foundation's priorities by providing additional support to NPF stakeholders. The Corporate Relations Project Managerwill report to the VP of Constituent & Corporate Relations.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize pending projects appropriately.
- The ability to use logic and critical thinking to resolve problems or prevent problems as well as maintaining flexibility to construct and/or consider alternate solutions.
- The ability to work with and maintain positive relationshipswith NPF's corporate and foundation relationships in an effort to most effectively benefit the organization.
- The ability to communicate in both written and verbal form in a clear, concise manner.
- The ability to establish relationships and strengthen corporate partnerships by building trust and managing stewardship of accounts.
- The ability to manage multiple projects, maintain project goals and deadlines, as well as reporting milestones. Tracking all project objectives while ensuring deliverables are met and researching new prospects.
- Prepare and update proposal reports with current grant requests using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Coordinate logistics and prepare materials for meetings, conferences and events.
- Make and coordinate extensive travel arrangements and meeting scheduling for Sr. Director, Corporate Relations & Signature Events.
- Work with NPF staff to coordinate support operations, goals and objectives
- Ensure continuous and timely phone and message coverage during business hours.
- Set-up and assist in coordinating conference calls and meetings
- Maintain department files and update contact database and e-mail address lists.
- Assist with planning and budgeting related to corporate strategy goals
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare reports as needed on prospects.
- Attend meetings to record discussion points, action items and minutes as needed.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Manage and monitor the use of grant funds
- Create and manage the grant process to include submitting grants and tracking them in Raisers Edge database
- Create regular tracking reports and
- Other clerical duties as assigned by management.
- Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel, & PowerPoint.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive, can-do attitude – professional at all levels.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience in coordinating meetings, conferences, events.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two-year degree or minimum of five years of experience preferred.
- Prefer experience working with nonprofit organization.
- Must be extremely organized.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to the attention of Jackie Bussotti at email@example.com. In your cover letter please discuss your qualifications, why you think you would be a good fit for this position, and your salary requirements (range is fine). No phone inquires will be taken for this position.
EVENT MANAGER - MOVING DAY BOSTON (BOSTON, MA)
The Moving Day Manager is responsible for the implementation of the mission through programs, fundraising events and advisory council and volunteer development. The person in this role will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the community. The person in this role reports to the Senior Director, National Signature Events.
- Develop, implement and monitor an annual budget and work plan, including fundraising, public education programs, support services, leadership development and volunteer development.
- Create and implement strategies to meet fundraising goals through the Moving Day walk program and other events as assigned.
- Oversee all logistics and volunteer management for Moving Day event(s).
- Recruit volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing the fundraising work plan.
- Serve as a consultant and resource to volunteers. Provide professional leadership in planning and implementing their tasks and/or responsibilities.
- Assure appropriate utilization of volunteer skills and resources and provide guidance in carrying out assignments and recognition for their time and effort.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities and routinely review the status of each with your supervisor.
- Direct the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate and foundation participation and donations related to Moving Day and other events as assigned.
- Coordinate all collateral materials related to fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Coordinate community based public education programs and attend local support group meetings.
- Coordinate public relations and promotion for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local community while advancing the mission, goals and values.
- Keep abreast of National Office activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Parkinson's disease and the Foundation's strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the facilities, equipment and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement.
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting and volunteer development .
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Raiser's Edge and Luminate Online/Convio a plus
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to the attention of Annie Long at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please discuss your qualifications, why you think you would be a good fit for this position, and your salary requirements (range is fine). No phone inquires will be taken for this position.
SR. MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER (MIAMI, FL)
The Sr. Major Gift Officer reports to the Vice President of Constituent & Corporate Relations. In ordination with the development team, the Sr. Major Gift Officer is responsible for initiating and developing relationships with current and prospective donors to the National Parkinson Foundation (www.parkinson.org), work in conjunction with the VP of Constituent & Corporate Relations to manage a portfolio of prospects, implement the major gifts strategy and meet the organization’s fundraising goals. THIS position can be performed remotely. Resumes with cover letter should be sent to email@example.com.
- Work with Fund raising team to identify appropriate donor prospects (individual, corporate and philanthropic foundations).
- Create and execute plans for identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of these prospects.
- Develop ‘moves plan’ for all assigned prospects, write major gift proposals when appropriate, ask for the donation and close the gift.
- Personally develop relationships with prospects, solicit prospects.
- Maintain strong relationships with program staff to understand programs and anticipate funding needs.
- Effectively communicate with VP of Constituent & Corporate Relations regarding development activities and progress versus goals.
- Utilize systems to optimize major gift fund raising activities. Keep up-to-date prospect activity records.
- NPF currently uses Raiser’s Edge database.
- Promote a collegial atmosphere within the fund raising department, and organization-wide, working cooperatively with all fundraising staff to help them and the department attain its overall financial and advancement goals.
- Able to meet goals on a consistent basis.
- Other duties as assigned by management.