The National Parkinson Foundation is thankful to all our loyal supporters. Because of you, we are able to carry out our mission to make life better forall people affected by Parkinson’s disease.
You can count on the National Parkinson Foundation to use your donations wisely and efficiently.
Thanks to you, we have been able to:
- Award grants for innovative scientific research into critical questions about Parkinson’s, including research into how Parkinson’s spreads through the brain and body, an essential step in developing new drugs that slow progression.
- Support promising young Parkinson’s disease researchers by providing fellowships for training neurologists in the field of movement disorders and a research grant to help young faculty accelerate their scientific careers.
- Share life-saving findings from our ongoing Parkinson’s Outcomes Project, the largest data-driven study of Parkinson’s, with 8,000 patients enrolled. We discovered that seeing a neurologist who specializes in movement disorders appears to offer twice the benefit of care from a regular neurologist.
- Expand our Centers of Excellence network at leading medical institutions to fulfill our mission of helping people with Parkinson’s access high-quality and expert care.
- Provide vital counseling from trained specialists to 50,000 callers to our toll-free Helpline, in English and Spanish.
- Distribute 50,000 free, life-saving Aware in Care kits to help people get better care in a hospital setting.
- Mail a quarter of a million free educational manuals on Parkinson’s topics to homes across America.