The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson's disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
In Illinois, we are dedicated to our Parkinson's Community! We invite you to See Our Impact and get a glimpse of Illinois by the numbers.
Community Grants are made possible through the efforts of Moving Day®, the Parkinson’s Foundation and the support of our local community. Click here to learn about the community grants that are currently funded through June 30th, 2018.
Parkinson’s Foundation Local Grant Recipients
- CJE Senior Life
- Family Alliance, Inc.
- Hubbard Street Dance Chicago
- Lake Forest Health & Fitness Center
- North Shore Dance Therapy
- North Shore Village Croakers
- Northwestern University Medical Center
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Rising UP! Inc.
- Rock Steady Boxing - Western Suburbs
- Rock Steady Boxing Windy City - Chicago
- Rush Copley Medical Center
- Rush University Medical Center
- University of Chicago
Our Grant Application Process
The Parkinson’s Foundation will provide support for programs designed to improve the quality of life for people with Parkinson’s and their caregivers and targeting the unmet needs in the Parkinson’s community. The Foundation’s model of grant funding is designed to target funding to the best programs addressing the greatest unmet needs. In keeping with this model, this Parkinson Foundation will fund programs based on merit, as determined by foundation’s local and national review boards.
The Parkinson's Foundation is offering one-time grants in Illinois of up to $25,000 each. The funds are available through the Parkinson’s Foundation’s Moving Day Chicago walk that was held in October 2017 which raised record-breaking funds dedicated for Parkinson’s programs.
The 2018 community grant offerings focus on:
- Addressing unmet needs in the Parkinson’s community: services for underserved populations, support for clinical trial recruitment for under-represented populations and other unmet needs such as financial barriers to care
- Expanding a successful program into a new geography
- Developing a new program for people with Parkinson’s
*If you have questions related to the grant application please email Programs@parkinson.org