January 16-18, 2014
Conrad Hilton Hotel
Registration Quick Links
Register for the Conference
Registration for the 2014 Centers Leadership Conference is now open.
Click here to register for the conference. The deadline for registration is December 28, 2013 at 11:00 p.m. EST.
Accommodations at the Conrad Hilton Hotel, can be booked online or by calling (305) 503-6500. A block of discounted hotel rooms at the Conrad Hilton Hotel has been reserved for all attendees under the code of NPC until December 16, 2013. Upon checkout, your room charge will be billed directly to NPF; however you will need to provide a credit card to hold the reservation. No charge will be made to your card for the room.
Hotel accommodations include 2 nights stay at the Conrad Hilton Hotel (Thursday, January 16 through Saturday, January 18). Only room fees and related taxes will be covered for all participants. Room incidental charges such as room service (including meals), telephone, movies, health club, laundry charges, mini bar charges, or any other personal expenses will be the responsibility of each guest. If you require a third night due to your flight schedule, contact Nadia Romero to obtain pre-approval by no later than December 16th. If you would like to extend your stay NPF's special room rate is $269 per night.
Please reference these directions to the hotel from local airport, which include taxi rates. Please plan to fly into the Miami International Airport (MIA), Cab fare is approximately $30.00 each way. The hotel does not provide an airport shuttle. Please do not use Ft. Lauderdale Airport as cab fare is about $100 each way.
Travel and Expense Reimbursement
Please make travel arrangements as soon as possible to obtain best airfare. NPF will reimburse for travel expenses, including reasonably priced airfare and airport parking/taxi if submitted with a receipt within the guidelines below.
- A reimbursement form will be provided to every attendee that is eligible to receive a reimbursement (reimbursement eligibility is for the Medical Director and Center Coordinator from each center).
- All airfare must be purchased by December 18th.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be reimbursed.
- For U.S. and Canadian Attendees: NPF will reimburse domestic travel expenses up to US$950* per Center of Excellence for 2 representatives, this includes the Medical Director and Center Coordinator. Please note this figure is per center rather than per traveler.
- For attendees from outside North America: NPF will reimburse up to US$900* in travel for the Medical Director.
- Participants are expected to book their own travel arrangements, which will be reimbursed after the meeting upon submission of a reimbursement form with receipts and/or proofs of payment.
- Only economy (lowest fare option) airfares and regular ground transportation (car, train, and taxi) will be covered.
- Meals served outside of the NPF Center Leadership Conference will not be covered.
- Any airfare bought 2 weeks before the event will not be reimbursed.
*If your travel expenditures exceed the allowed amount, please contact NPF for pre-approval. Last minute travel booking (less than two weeks) which exceeds the allowed amount may not be approved, so please book your reservations early. All reimbursement is to be submitted post-conference; please download a copy of the reimbursement form.
Additional center representatives are welcome to attend the conference if the center is able to cover the travel and hotel expenses. There is no charge from NPF to attend the conference. Room charge is $269 per night.
Poster Submission by December 5th
We encourage you to showcase your poster at CLC. Please submit your request to Nadia Romero, at email@example.com by December 5th (let us know how many posters you will be bringing). The posters are highly anticipated at our annual meeting – this engages your knowledge about the activities ongoing at each other's Centers.
Posters presented at prior conferences are welcomed.
The poster board display will be 8 ft. wide x 4 ft. high.
Poster submission should be in a PDF form.
Click here for to download the form.
Thursday, January 16, 2014 from 3:00-4:00 p.m. - Poster Set Up
(Conrad Pre-conference area 3rd floor)
Thursday, January 16, 2014 from 4:00-6:00 p.m. - Poster Viewing
(posters will remain for viewing through Saturday)
Saturday, January 18, 2014 at noon - Poster removal
All cancellations must be in writing to the National Parkinson Foundation via email to Denise Beran or Nadia Romero by no later than December 20, 2013.
Special thanks to our generous sponsors.