Educational Manuals Rainbow Series
The National Parkinson Foundation produces a variety of free print publications for Parkinson's patients and caregivers in English and Spanish. These publications can be ordered in our online store, and shipped to you free of charge, or in most cases, reviewed and printed from the Adobe Acrobat version.
- What You and Your Family Should Know
- Fitness Counts
- Nutrition Matters
- Speech and Swallowing
- Caring and Coping
- Activities of Daily Living: Practical Pointers
- Mind, Mood and Memory
- Guide to Deep Brain Stimulation Therapy
- Managing Advanced Parkinson Disease
- Support Group Leaders Manual
- Falls Prevention Book
- Lo Que usted y Su Familia Deben Saber
- Medicamentos para la Enfermedad de Parkinson
- Estar En Forma Cuenta
- La Importancia de la Nutrición
- Dificultades con el Habla y la Deglución (tragar)
- Manejo de la Enfermedad de Parkinson en su Etapa Avanzada
- Consejos Prácticos
- El Cuidado y la Adaptación Necesaria
- Mente, Estado de Animo y Memoria
The Parkinson Report is the National Parkinson Foundation’s official newsletter made available to all members of the Foundation three times a year. It contains articles written by Parkinson's researchers, medical practitioners, and caregivers, as well as contributions from NPF's staff. The current edition, and prior editions, are available in PDF format. For just $25 a year, become a member of NPF to receive free issues at home.
Summer 2014 (Most recent issue)
This short brochure describes ten symptoms that may be early signs of Parkinson’s disease. Each symptom of concern is listed along with ‘What is normal’. If you have more than one symptom, you may want to visit your doctor.
Informational brochure with questions to ask your doctor and tips on building a health care team. In English and Spanish.
Spanish version of How to Live Well with Parkinson's Disease.
On the front side of the card, is space for a Parkinson's patient to fill out an identity card with his/her name, address, phone number, and emergency contact and a short description of the disease identifying the card holder as a Parkinson’s patient. On the reverse side is a listing of medications that are counter indicated (should not be used) for those using Parkinson's medications. This card can be requested in our online store.