Description: Are you or someone you love living with Parkinson’s disease? Come learn the latest information on research, medication and lifestyle changes that can improve the quality of life for people with Parkinson’s disease.
This program is taught by leading senior Kripalu faculty with experience in working with Parkinson’s disease patients, supported by a leading movement disorder neurologist and is designed for people living with Parkinson’s disease and their loved ones.
Each day of this retreat offers both educational sessions and experiential workshops on the benefits of movement, meditation, yoga, conscious communication and nutrition.
The sessions will cover the latest information on Parkinson’s research as well as medication and lifestyle changes that can affect the course of the disease, improve quality of life, and support personal relationships. In a small group setting, you will learn and experience valuable approaches to living with, or caring for people with, Parkinson’s disease. Join us as we explore ways to live as fully as possible in a unique community of others who are living with Parkinson’s disease and facing the same challenges.
In this program, you will
- Learn the latest research
- Demystify medications
- Discover what you need to know about exercise and nutrition
- Learn how yoga and meditation can improve the quality of life
- Enjoy yoga, dance and movement classes
- Share and learn from each other in daily care partners breakout groups
- Develop new skills for managing stress and self-care
- Meet and connect with others living with Parkinson’s disease.
When: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 9:00 AM to Thursday, June 19, 2014, 5:00 PM
Contact Name: NPF Helpline
Contact Phone: 1-800-473-4636
Contact Email: email@example.com